Favorite Gaming Compilations?

General and high profile video game topics.
ActRaiser

Re: Favorite Gaming Compilations?

Postby ActRaiser » December 3rd, 2023, 3:27 pm

Master Chief Collection and PC Engine Mini.

It's a bit of a cheat but as collections go there probably isn't a better one.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 3rd, 2023, 6:18 pm

Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
Super Mario 3D All Stars
The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's Edition
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Sonic Gems
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Midway Arcade Treasures
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Namco Museum 3
Rare Replay
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

I like those ones very much! There might be a few I'm forgetting. I've always wanted to play that one Taito compilation from the 6th gen that has like 30 games, but never got the chance to.

Also, do mini consoles and plug 'n plays count? Because there's a few I definitely thought were cool.

Also, what about "value pack" games like Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet, Genesis 6-Pak, or Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort? Do they count?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 4th, 2023, 3:04 am

I can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier, but the single best thing about Super Mario All-Stars is being able to save in Super Mario Bros. 3.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 4th, 2023, 4:40 am

I'm probably the only person in the world who has this opinion, but it'd honestly be awesome to have a Super Mario Advanced All Stars comp with the changes brought to the GBA versions of said games. In all honesty, the GBA versions of SMB2 and SMB3 are arguably the definitive versions of those games.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » December 4th, 2023, 8:37 am

Castlevania Collection and Contra Collection were on sale for the Switch for $3.99 yesterday. I snagged both due to this thread. Kudos for the topic!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 4th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
A ton of great games and you never run out of games or fun. Great topic!

Tron

Postby Tron » December 5th, 2023, 12:57 am

Quick_Man wrote:Taito Legends 1 and 2 and Sonic Mega Collection Plus would be my two favourites. I was born too late to have experienced all the games when they were new so I really appreciated having so many on a single disc.

I won’t add collections already mentioned, but don’t think I don’t love them too

Capcom collections
SNK collection

I know these were on PSP, but I think I once had them for PS2 too

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 5th, 2023, 2:08 am

I can't freaking believe I forgot Kirby's Dream Collection! Released very late in the Wii's lifespan (it was actually the last first party Wii game in North America, and very shortly before the Wii U was released), this comp contains all three Kirby's Dream Land titles (1 and 2 on GB, 3 on SNES), Kirby's Adventure (NES), Kirby Super Star (SNES), and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Commodore 64).

In addition, there's so much awesome bonus content including 13 "challenge stages" based on the 2011 Kirby's Return To Dream Land and THREE episodes of the animated series, Kirby: Right Back At Ya! The game also originally came packaged with a booklet giving a brief overview of the history of Kirby, as well as a 45 track album featuring music from various Kirby games!

Oh, and did I mention that it also supports both Classic controller AND GameCube controller?

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » December 8th, 2023, 1:22 pm

Doom - BFG Edition (360)
BioShock: The Collection (Switch)
Sonic Mega Drive/Genesis Collection (360)

However, the best collection is Atari: 50th Anniversary. I have no nostalgia for Atari games and most 2600 games I don't care about. But the way this collection is presented (with great museum) is fantastic!

I would also like to note the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive Mega Games Cartridges 1 & 2.

Return to “Video Games General”