Games you want the Critic to review

General and high profile video game topics.
Tron

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby Tron » November 30th, 2023, 6:20 pm

Resident Evil 4 remake on PS5

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » December 1st, 2023, 1:04 am

Has the Critic already reviewed the Angry Video Game Nerd video game?? Been playing it and the thread kinda came to mind. Considering the nature of the site, I'm kinda surprised that he hasn't covered it yet. Switch version should have a physical copy of both the first and second game, so there's not a lot of reasons to avoid it. One particular difference tho being that the cameo characters of Screwattack alumni and other beloved youtubers are replaced with "the Future Nerd," the AVGN from the future!!, or something. I personally don't think it's anything special on its own, but I think there's something there to cater to the fans.

jon

Postby jon » December 5th, 2023, 2:38 pm

I will say this about Super Mario Land 2. While I think the 1st is better I will acknowledge that the characters are a lot bigger and perhaps that made it more fun for Gameboy owners back in the day. I’ve just been playing them recently on emulation.

RDReynolds

Postby RDReynolds » December 5th, 2023, 11:13 pm

You’ve reviewed Bruce Lee and Goonies on the Atari 8-bit, another fun one in that genre is Zorro. Would love to see your take on it. :)

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 6th, 2023, 1:48 am

Wario's Woods (SNES) and Puchi Puchi Virus (DS) are both great puzzle games that deserve more recognition.

Wario's Woods is a falling block puzzle game where you have to match colors, not too different from something like Dr. Mario, but in this game, you control Toad as he runs around the screen, picking up bombs and critters, and trying to match the bombs with the critters.

Puchi Puchi Virus involves you linking up viruses of the same color, and has a wacky, offbeat sense of humor.

Both are highly recommended and underappreciated, and I could see you giving both games a B range grade (although Wario's Woods is an A+ for me, probably my personal favorite puzzle game). Make sure to get the SNES version of Wario's Woods though, it's definitely superior to the NES version and the definitive way to play the game.

Oh, and yet another Super Mario Land 2 request, please!

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 6th, 2023, 1:52 am

travistouchdown wrote:Extreme G 1 & 2 (N64) and Extreme G III & XGRA (Gamecube).

I second this!

OK, so I've only ever played the first one, but definitely one of the best N64 racing games, plus it's 60 FPS!

I've always wanted to try the later games

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 6th, 2023, 2:15 am

LoganRuckman wrote:I've always wanted to try the later games

Extreme-G 3 is to the N64 games what F-Zero X and GX are to the original F-Zero. A world away. But XGRA is the worst one; it's slow, gimmicky, and annoying with all the trash-talking opponents popping up in your face.

bigfriendly

Postby bigfriendly » December 6th, 2023, 4:23 pm

Artillery Duel by Xonox for the Colecovision
Campaign '84 by Sunrise Software for the Colecovision
Sir Lancelot by Xonox for the Colecovision
Blockade Runner by Interphase for the Colecovision
Boulder Dash by Telegames for the Colecovision
Alcazar: The Forgotten Fortress by Telegames for the Colecovision

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 7th, 2023, 2:57 am

jon wrote:I will say this about Super Mario Land 2. While I think the 1st is better I will acknowledge that the characters are a lot bigger and perhaps that made it more fun for Gameboy owners back in the day. I’ve just been playing them recently on emulation.

For me, it's more that SML2 was simply more ambitious in every aspect.

The original is a great game, and the overall weirdness gives it a certain charm that other Mario games don't have, but the sequel is a bigger game for sure. In my opinion, SML is a fantastic GB Mario game, but 6 Golden Coins legitimately feels like a console Mario game. Not just the graphics, but the powerups, the wide variety of creative levels, the overworld map, the story involving Wario, it just feels like a more fleshed out experience.

Same with Link's Awakening, which many Zelda fans will swear up and down is every bit as good as A Link To The Past. Nintendo took a console-caliber Zelda game, and shrunk it down to handheld.

Speaking of handheld Zelda, Critic, would you ever be willing to give the Oracle games on GBC another chance? I honestly think they're both wonderful Zelda games that complement each other with their different focuses (Seasons on combat, Ages on puzzles), honestly my favorite handheld Zelda games.

And taken as one large, interconnected experience like it's meant to be, I would say this was a massive, ambitious Zelda adventure in its own right!

goldenband

Postby goldenband » December 7th, 2023, 6:23 pm

bigfriendly wrote:Artillery Duel by Xonox for the Colecovision
Campaign '84 by Sunrise Software for the Colecovision
Sir Lancelot by Xonox for the Colecovision
Blockade Runner by Interphase for the Colecovision
Boulder Dash by Telegames for the Colecovision
Alcazar: The Forgotten Fortress by Telegames for the Colecovision

Seconded across the board! Would love to see the Intellivision version of Blockade Runner get covered too; it's one of the only action games on the system the Critic hasn't touched yet.

Return to “Video Games General”