Atari Recharged Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Atari Recharged Games?

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 8th, 2023, 3:01 pm

I notice these are now available on physical. Are they worth it? Anybody played them?

https://limitedrungames.com/collections ... ck-edition

ActRaiser

Re: Atari Recharged Games?

Postby ActRaiser » December 8th, 2023, 3:48 pm

I bought a few of them on the Xbox when they went on sale for $5 each.

The collection you posted contains the following:

Asteroids: Recharged
Breakout: Recharged
Black Widow: Recharged
Centipede: Recharged

I don't have Breakout but was able to grab the other three plus Missile Command.

At $70 for a physical copy, that's a bit steep. At $5 a pop, I got my money's worth. Black Widow is my favorite. I'm a sucker for twin-stick shooters.

Check the online store first to see if they're having a sale. If they are buy one and see if you like it. That's going to be cheaper and quicker than $70 plus however long it takes them to make as it's only the pre-order.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Atari Recharged Games?

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 8th, 2023, 7:44 pm

$70 bucks for games that retail as 8 bux on dlc. The original games in the series are better in every respect. The problem with the games they are reimagining. Asteroids, you get one ship and a lot of power ups. It is perfect. Well worth £8. I know you are against dlc but I suggest you download one of them, Black Widow is the worst of the bunch. Actually, Breakout is the worst of the bunch. Think Yars revenge is the best.

You might love Atari but at these prices I would suggest you hold off. At the current time Atari is milking us fans for as much as they can with nostalgia. $60 for Save Mary??? Outlaw a similar price? Stick with Atari 50

PLEASE NOTE: There is no purchase limit on this item. This item is currently in manufacturing and artwork is subject to change. Products are typically not expected to ship until 8-9 months after the preorder window closes. Future production updates will be visible on the product page and your account page. All orders are considered final and can not be canceled. WTF?
You have to wait until August next year to play the game?

Return to “Video Games General”