Games you want the Critic to review

General and high profile video game topics.
Anchoa79

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby Anchoa79 » February 13th, 2024, 9:13 am

What about Galaga '91 for Game Gear? I haven't played it but looks nice!!!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 13th, 2024, 12:56 pm

Cool to see the VGC following this thread closely. We’ve had many similar topics like this over the years, but they rarely get responses like this.

I’m finding some good stuff in here too. Wreckfest for PS4 was just added to my list of games to buy.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 13th, 2024, 1:02 pm

Critic- do you own Pokemon Snap for N64? One of the most unique, relaxing, and addictive games around- and IMO, it’s the best N64 game that you haven’t reviewed yet. And I know you’re not a Pokemon fan— I’m not either, I’ve never played any Pokemon games, but that’s not relevant for Pokemon Snap. It is more like a safari photography game, with Pokemon just providing the source material.

New Pokemon Snap on Switch is equally excellent, but a longer and more in-depth game.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » February 13th, 2024, 7:42 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I do not own any of those, sadly.

Awww, too bad! I think F-18 Hornet is still pretty cheap, Tank Command is obviously expensive, but the other three (Mario Bros., Rampage, Title Match Pro Wrestling) look to have climbed in price, far more than I'd have expected.

I got all of them except Tank Command as part of a big game lot for $80 back in 2011; times have obviously changed.

Maybe it's time for a flash cart? Mine has been very satisfactory.

Anchoa79

Postby Anchoa79 » February 14th, 2024, 10:02 am

Retro STrife wrote:Critic- do you own Pokemon Snap for N64? One of the most unique, relaxing, and addictive games around- and IMO, it’s the best N64 game that you haven’t reviewed yet. And I know you’re not a Pokemon fan— I’m not either, I’ve never played any Pokemon games, but that’s not relevant for Pokemon Snap. It is more like a safari photography game, with Pokemon just providing the source material.

New Pokemon Snap on Switch is equally excellent, but a longer and more in-depth game.

I join this proposal, totally agree!!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 15th, 2024, 5:26 pm

Stalvern wrote:I can't believe the site's gone nearly 25 years without featuring Mario Paint.

This is a very important point!

Anchoa79 wrote:
Retro STrife wrote:Critic- do you own Pokemon Snap for N64? One of the most unique, relaxing, and addictive games around- and IMO, it’s the best N64 game that you haven’t reviewed yet. And I know you’re not a Pokemon fan— I’m not either, I’ve never played any Pokemon games, but that’s not relevant for Pokemon Snap. It is more like a safari photography game, with Pokemon just providing the source material.

I join this proposal, totally agree!!

Each time I mention the game, it seems to get 3 or 4 agreements from the forum! But so far, the Critic has skillfully dodged the question for 10+ years!

Anchoa79

Postby Anchoa79 » February 24th, 2024, 9:00 am

Super Soccer for SNES, the only launch game you haven't reviewed yet.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » February 25th, 2024, 12:31 pm

Anchoa79 wrote:Super Soccer for SNES, the only launch game you haven't reviewed yet.

Agreed! Once soccer season is on, there are a bunch he might tackle, like Super Soccer, or Mia Hamm Soccer on the N64, or World Cup Soccer on Intellivision.

Anchoa79

Postby Anchoa79 » March 1st, 2024, 9:58 am

I love the Game Cube and I love weird games, so here are some recommendations:

-Doshin the Giant (not released in USA)
-Ribbit King
-Go! Go! Hypergrind
-Cubivore (very expensive)

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » March 1st, 2024, 11:37 am

As a HUGE fan of the film series it would be great to see more games based on The Terminator franchise. I just realized there are a ton of those games out there. Not that many have been reviewed here.

Return to “Video Games General”