Finally got a Ps5

General and high profile video game topics.
Ozzybear

Finally got a Ps5

Postby Ozzybear » February 29th, 2024, 4:14 pm

Finally got a Ps5
Got the new slim model
Sadly though got it right before they put out the Spider-Man 2 bundle , but that’s ok !
Definetly enjoying it so far, very smooth running , love the controller !
Got Demons souls , and Lords of the Fallen to work on and can’t wait for Dragons Dogma 2 !!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Finally got a Ps5

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 29th, 2024, 7:44 pm

A reader recently asked why I haven't reviewed this system, and I agree it's about time.

To be honest I don't have very strong feelings about the system. It looks pretty cool and runs fine. There are a lot of incremental improvements over the PS4 like the controller and storage, but nothing revolutionary.

I think my best part is that it still plays physical media, and it still play them (at least the games I like) OFFLINE. Not all consoles can say that.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » March 1st, 2024, 12:37 pm

I didn’t get mine cause I wanted sonething revolutionary.
Got mine cause games coming out that I want aren’t on the ps4 , so was time to upgrade .
I agree with the physical media . As I always buy physical and collect games.
But the system runs great , plays smoothly , as I said , that’s all I wanted so I could enjoy the new releases that aren’t in the last gen !!
But def get what you mean my friend !

Shapur

Postby Shapur » March 23rd, 2024, 2:17 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:A reader recently asked why I haven't reviewed this system, and I agree it's about time.

To be honest I don't have very strong feelings about the system. It looks pretty cool and runs fine. There are a lot of incremental improvements over the PS4 like the controller and storage, but nothing revolutionary.

I think my best part is that it still plays physical media, and it still play them (at least the games I like) OFFLINE. Not all consoles can say that.

Not if you get a new PS5 slim, critic. I believe all versions require an online activation for the disc drive before it is useable now. It’s not a big deal for modern gamers but it’s something that really bothers me.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 23rd, 2024, 9:15 am

Shapur,
Actually I do recall having to do the one-time online activation for my "normal" PS5, and it bothered me also. The good news is I haven't had to take it online since, save for the time when Hogwarts Legacy forced me to.

noah98

Postby noah98 » March 23rd, 2024, 9:35 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:A reader recently asked why I haven't reviewed this system, and I agree it's about time.

I think the best thing about it is the backwards compatibility and the fact that many of the best PS4 games play better on the PS5 with upgrades to 60fps. This generation may seem underwhelming, but that's how I felt about last generation. I think 60fps gameplay vs 30fps gameplay is a huge, noticeable leap. I don't really care about 4k gaming, as long as a game looks good and runs smoothly. I think that is what has made the PS5 worthwhile for me. For example, playing the original Spider-Man on PS4 at 30fps just felt janky. On PS5 though, I couldn't get enough of that game!

Return to “Video Games General”