25 Years of The Video Game Critic

General and high profile video game topics.
CanuckNESFan

Re: 25 Years of The Video Game Critic

Postby CanuckNESFan » June 20th, 2024, 9:32 am

Long time viewer of site, first time poster.

Congrats on 25 years, and keep going, at least 25 more years!

Voor

Postby Voor » June 20th, 2024, 12:44 pm

Ever just get bored of doing the same thing?

DX_Receiver

Postby DX_Receiver » June 20th, 2024, 4:27 pm

Congrats on hitting your Silver Anniversary!

It's easy for me to say, but I hope you'll continue the site for many years to come. You've been at this for so long that it must be ingrained in your life at this point; a break I can understand, but could you actually fully divest yourself of the VGC? I think you'd end up returning after some time.

As some of the other posters mentioned, this site is one of the last active bastions of the old internet, back when fan sites and webrings ruled the day prior to corporate America funneling people to a handful of insipid social media and video streaming sites. I'm also glad the forum remains active and the posters are by and large an entertaining and knowledgeable bunch. There aren't too many active game forums these days, so you have the market cornered there.

xbox2.5

Postby xbox2.5 » June 22nd, 2024, 9:11 am

First, congrats on 25 years! I've been a loyal reader for 20-plus years.

Second. it'd be a shame to see you hang up the joystick. You have the perfect blend of knowledge and comedy, and precious few other sites can say that. I also appreciate the lack of ads; it's nice to read a review without feeling tons of spam flowing into my computer!

Return to “Video Games General”