Need your opinion on two new banners

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 20th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Mark provided me with no one but TWO new banners.
This one had a random smattering of games:

This one has an Atari theme:

What do you think? 

I think these are pretty impressive.  I have two minor thoughts:

In the first one, I'm not crazy about the green guy.  Don't know who that is, and it looks crowded on the right side.

The second banner is awesome, but I was thinking it might be cool to have the birds blasting the letters to bits.  Maybe this idea should be saved for another banner, because this one is money.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » August 20th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Only suggestion for banner 2 is to replace the joystick, you've got the joystick in the art and on your logo, don't need 2 joysticks there.

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » August 20th, 2013, 6:07 pm

For the atari banner, since there is already a stylized 2600 controller as a logo on the left its kinda redundant in the center. Of course its there as balance to the paddle controllers, but they seem too realistic compared to the great artwork of invaders and yar. the birds leave me cold too. How about the knight from warlords or the adventure dragon? Or the wistful astronaut of super breakout or the ship from the asteroids box art (which could blow up your letters if you mirror image it to shoot to the left).

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » August 20th, 2013, 6:30 pm

That Atari one is great. I'd love to see an Intellivision one!

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » August 20th, 2013, 8:40 pm

I like them both. Anything Mega Man related is ok by me. The green dude from the first banner is on the cover of Devil's Crush for Turbografx-16, by the way. Though, I'm still not sure who the girl in the fancy red hat is.  

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » August 21st, 2013, 2:13 am

The green guy is from Devil's Crush (only on the manual, have never seen him in the game). The girl with the red hat is from Guilty Gear (I'm like 99.9% sure). Overall, these are really solid banners. I have no complaints on either of these.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 22nd, 2013, 5:44 pm

Mark provided me with two alternate versions of the pole position banner.  I think they are both an improvement, but don't know which one I prefer.  What do you think??

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » August 22nd, 2013, 7:18 pm

Actually, I like the original one.  The TG-16 probably has few contributors to the banners, and the Devil's Crush lizard devil is pretty darn photogenic.  I think he was just too big and competing as a focal point with Mega Man. The bottom of the two new ones does the same thing - it distracts from the hero.  Could Maestro Mark rework the original, maybe diminishing the Devil a wee bit.    I think the library of banners are awesome by the way!

Return to “Video Games General”