Screenshots representing each system

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev1

Postby Rev1 » September 30th, 2013, 12:31 am

[QUOTE=Irenicus][QUOTE=Gentlegamer]
That was me. A lot of resellers have jumped on classic games after wrecking comics and toys, and driven prices up.

and baseball cards.

I've been thinking about that as well. What a shame. Wish they'd go back to collecting beanie babies. I sold Dungeon Explorer 2 on TG CD for about $100 back in 2003. Can't believe Rev says its at $350ish.
I knew it was a rare game and even expected it to stay steady at that price. Never thought it would be that high though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I really don't know why T16/CD games are so expensive. I know it wasn't a very popular console but that prices are just insane... The only one I'm actually missing from that list is Magical Chase... No way am i spending that much money. I'll just get the import eventually...

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » September 30th, 2013, 3:25 am

It's still over 20 years old now.

Also if a console wasn't overly popular, there may not be as many copies of the games out there (i.e because not many brought them).

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » September 30th, 2013, 12:32 pm

^Verm

I think another reason is the fact that many collectors are holding onto their T16/CD collections and are not selling them. It can take months for an auction to appear for some of the games I listed. I searched for 2 years for a halfway decent auction for Dynastic Hero and there were many months where the games didn't pop up at all. I finally got in touch with a collector who was wanting to sell parts of their collection and their prices were far more realistic. I think that is really the best way to pick up a Turbografx collection. You have to either know someone or get directly in touch with a collector. If you go through eBay it is absolutely insane.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 1st, 2013, 8:34 pm

I updated the Bally Astrocade system review with the new graphics (you might need to hit refresh on your browser).

Mark provided me with a Fairchild Channel F graphic, but then I realized I didn't have a system review for that yet!  I need to get on that.

Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » October 1st, 2013, 8:43 pm

I think you should at least keep the photo of your actual console next to the Console Appearance section.

LuckyMan1

Postby LuckyMan1 » October 2nd, 2013, 12:47 pm

[QUOTE=Gentlegamer]I think you should at least keep the photo of your actual console next to the Console Appearance section.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I like the actual console pics better than the new graphics. It gives me more of a feeling that I've got the console sitting right in front of me as I'm reading the review. The new graphics don't give me that same feeling.

Return to “Video Games General”