Legend is true: ET cartridges found in landfill

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 26th, 2014, 3:40 pm

According to this article they have been excavating the landfill where the ET cartridges are said to be, and they hit pay dirt!  I wonder how many are buried in there??

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » April 26th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Holy Seven Cities of Gold!

Last I had heard was that the New Mexico state gov't was still preventing excavation for toxicity concerns, among other things.  

Wonder if the documentary company owns these as salvage ...because any E.T. stuff they pull out of there will actually have value again.  C'mon, you know you would like one.  Put it in a shadow box, and its as classic as owning R.O.B. or a Power Glove. 

Have to have some way to authenticate any stuff they pull out (if they own it), or every retro gamer with an extra copy of E.T. (the banged up the better) will think of passing it off as 'authentic recovered cartridge'. 

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 26th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Well this spoils the AVGN movie...

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » April 26th, 2014, 7:44 pm

I guess I was never really surprised, overstock in general, especially with 'low-quality' products, were handled so poorly back then...

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » April 26th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Rev. I wouldn't get my hopes up for that movie if I were you. It's got a low budget, not really convincing actors, and it's based off of a strange webshow. That's like making "PewDiePie, the movie!".

Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » April 26th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Microsoft is making room for unsold Xbones.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 26th, 2014, 10:47 pm

[QUOTE=Gentlegamer]Microsoft is making room for unsold Xbones.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's cold... but funny!

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » April 26th, 2014, 11:09 pm

I'd sure like to have one of those.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 27th, 2014, 12:07 am

[QUOTE=weallmissedme]Rev. I wouldn't get my hopes up for that movie if I were you. It's got a low budget, not really convincing actors, and it's based off of a strange webshow. That's like making "PewDiePie, the movie!".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm 100% positive it isn't going to be a classic but I love his web show so I think it'll at least be entertaining. He actually just made a blog about the news today.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » April 27th, 2014, 12:32 am

weallmissedme-Very strongly disagree, the AVGN movie looks amazing, i'm more excited for it then I am for many of this big theatrical films this year.  I have no clue who "Pewdiepie" is, but this film has been in development for years, so I wouldn't really think it would be comparable.  Also considering you haven't seen the film yet, you really can't say for sure if the actors are " not convincing", it's based of a great webshow so i'm sure it will be great.

There have been at least 5 million Xbox One's sold so far, so the system's hardly a failure in that sense.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are Gizmondos buried there though LOL.

Return to “Video Games General”