PSP Screen Flashing?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

PSP Screen Flashing?

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 15th, 2015, 1:34 pm

I was trying to review SNK Arcade Classics 0 (Japan import) on my PSP (Star Wars) model when the right-third side of the screen started to flash intermittently.

It may have been a function of overheating because when I gave it a rest it seemed to subside for a while.  Has anybody heard of this condition before and is my PSP about to kick the bucket??

The battery charge is full so that's not it.

Oltobaz1

PSP Screen Flashing?

Postby Oltobaz1 » February 15th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Not sure what's going on as far as your PSP, yet looking forward to your review eventually, as far as Prehistoric Island, one of my favorite
shmups ever.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

PSP Screen Flashing?

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 15th, 2015, 2:43 pm

In order to finish my review I dug out my original PSP.  It's heavier but feels like it's constructed better.  The only problem is that the battery is dead.  No problem - I'll just run it off the AC adaptor.

So I start up the game and it says I need a firmware update (to be loaded off disc).  That's fine, but then after I agree to the EULA I get this message:

"The battery level is low.  Connect the AC adaptor and then wait for the battery to charge.  The update will start automatically when the charge level is high enough to perform the update"

Really?  I can't update with the AC adaptor plugged in?!?  That is so stupid!  So now I need to purchase a new battery just to perform the stupid update.  Sony you suck!!!

Astrosmasher1

PSP Screen Flashing?

Postby Astrosmasher1 » February 17th, 2015, 7:05 am

Yeah well that is one of the problems with the psp.  Great system that they just stopped supporting.  I have the old psp you are talking about.  It was a good game system. 

ptdebate1

PSP Screen Flashing?

Postby ptdebate1 » February 17th, 2015, 6:09 pm

This might make some of you shake your heads in disapproval, but the PSP still gets fantastic support--just not from Sony. Running custom firmware gives you a far better experience than the vanilla device ever will. The PSP hacking community has done something truly unprecedented here and everyone should take advantage of it!

Return to “Video Games General”