Snow Gaming

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Snow Gaming

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 21st, 2015, 2:11 pm

We're getting a blizzard in Maryland today, and that's when I enjoy playing certain games like Slalom for the NES or SSX for the PS2.

Snow days are ideal for gaming.  What else are you gonna do?

One goofy controller I have is the Thrustmaster snowboard which effectively makes all snowboarding games about 10 times harder!  Still, it's unique and this feels like the right time to play it.

I'd be interested to hear what games you've been playing, especially those snowed-in up to the north.

ptdebate1

Snow Gaming

Postby ptdebate1 » February 21st, 2015, 2:34 pm

Unfortunately, here in Dallas we haven't gotten a drop of snow this entire season!

If it were snowing, I'd probably be playing Killer Instinct or Master Chief Collection (those being my most recently purchased games--love both, by the way).

As for recent seasonally-appropriate games, I love the snowy mountains of Haven in the first act of Dragon Age: Inquisition. That game is shockingly beautiful.

Voor1

Snow Gaming

Postby Voor1 » February 21st, 2015, 3:03 pm

No snow here in Louisiana this year (no surprise there), but I did just purchase 1080 for the Gamecube. I was looking for a racing game sort of opposite of mario kart or burnout (more minimalist feel) and your review made me think it would be good for that. Should arrive next week--we'll see.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Snow Gaming

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 21st, 2015, 3:20 pm

And lets not forget Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES) which I am playing right now.  This might be the ultimate snow game.

scotland171

Snow Gaming

Postby scotland171 » February 21st, 2015, 4:09 pm

Keeping the Star Wars theme, how about the Echo Base on Hoth on the Battlefront series.    Mount up a tauntaun, and take that enemy spawn point!  Its also got a lopsided contest where you can Hunt the Wumpus...I mean Wampas.

Vexer1

Snow Gaming

Postby Vexer1 » February 21st, 2015, 7:01 pm

Thankfully snow hasn't been too bad here in Illinois, we had one blizzard but other then that not much in the way of snow(and the blizzard we got wasn't much compared to the one in 2011 which caused a State of Emergency to be declared).

I would definitely recommend Lost Planet 3 and Indigo Prophecy.  You also might want to re-review Max Payne.

Ptdebate- not getting any snow sounds extremely fortunate to me!  I absolutely despise winter with all my heart and would gladly trade places with you just so I never have to deal with sub-zero temperatures again.

HardcoreSadism1

Snow Gaming

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » February 21st, 2015, 7:02 pm

Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, that one speaks for itself, and the use of arctic weather is symbolic and rather critical to the plot. 

Return to “Video Games General”