Afterburner Climax being delisted

General and high profile video game topics.
BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » December 16th, 2014, 5:41 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]May I recommend buying Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces for Wii instead of his game?

And there is never a time to root for piracy.....smh.[/QUOTE]

You may, but as somebody who has played both, Afterburner destroys Sky Crawlers....at least in my humble opinion.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » December 16th, 2014, 5:51 pm

This games is Aces all the way.  It's one of the few games that I managed to attain all of the achievements for (probably because they're easy [cool] [wink]

For those that haven't tried it yet I can't recommend it enough.  Fantastic stuff.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » December 16th, 2014, 5:54 pm

[QUOTE=BanjoPickles][QUOTE=Segatarious]May I recommend buying Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces for Wii instead of his game?

And there is never a time to root for piracy.....smh.[/QUOTE] You may, but as somebody who has played both, Afterburner destroys Sky Crawlers....at least in my humble opinion.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but they're very different styles of games despite both being arcade oriented flight action games. I see only loose similarities between the Ace Combat formula that Sky Crawlers essentially follows to that of the Afterburner franchise and its intense on-rails action.

One really isn't a substitute for the other.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » December 16th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Just downloaded this thanks Leo.
Fun game in the classic Sega style, it's awesome how you can select the original music as well.
It's almost as good as the Saturn and 32x originals.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » December 16th, 2014, 6:58 pm

[QUOTE=Leo][QUOTE=BanjoPickles][QUOTE=Segatarious]May I recommend buying Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces for Wii instead of his game?

And there is never a time to root for piracy.....smh.[/QUOTE] You may, but as somebody who has played both, Afterburner destroys Sky Crawlers....at least in my humble opinion.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but they're very different styles of games despite both being arcade oriented flight action games. I see only loose similarities between the Ace Combat formula that Sky Crawlers essentially follows to that of the Afterburner franchise and its intense on-rails action.

One really isn't a substitute for the other.[/QUOTE]

If its gone, its gone.

I think it is not surprising when certain games get de-listed because we all understand the licensing situation. Its just a fact of life.

So why not support a different game in the genre? That was my contribution to the thread. We must adapt to what cannot be changed.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » December 16th, 2014, 8:37 pm

It's not gone as of yet, hence the purpose of this thread. 

[QUOTE=Sut]Just downloaded this thanks Leo. Fun game in the classic Sega style, it's awesome how you can select the original music as well. It's almost as good as the Saturn and 32x originals.[/QUOTE]

They definitely did a heck of a job. [smile]

About the only way that this could've been any better is if it had been on disc and if they had included the original in its entirety, preferably in its 16:9/60 FPS form as seen on the 3DS. 

michaeld1

Postby michaeld1 » December 16th, 2014, 10:06 pm

I think they already delisted it, at least on the 360, because I can't download it.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » December 16th, 2014, 10:29 pm

Sega,

I don't understand what would be wrong with piracy in this circumstance. Once the game is delisted, there's no longer a way to pay for it. Could you please elaborate?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 16th, 2014, 11:31 pm

I think there's also some confusion about if the game will be able to be re-downloaded at a later date (if they had originally purchased it).  A lot of people want to assume they can but I think they are being naive.  Once our hard drives die this game will be history.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » December 16th, 2014, 11:53 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]I think there's also some confusion about if the game will be able to be re-downloaded at a later date (if they had originally purchased it).  A lot of people want to assume they can but I think they are being naive.  Once our hard drives die this game will be history.

[/QUOTE]

The game will be redownloadable on both the PS3 and the 360 for existing owners for the life of online support of their online marketplaces. On the 360 for instance, you'd redownload delisted purchases in the download history section.

They will only become permanently lost in the event of a hardware failure after Sony and Microsoft have ceased supporting the online services of these consoles. 

Return to “Video Games General”