I can't figure out Club Nintendo.

General and high profile video game topics.
nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » October 14th, 2014, 2:02 am

I made a Club Nintendo account a long time ago. Long before I got a Wii U and I never even did anything with it until now. So although I've had an account for a few years, I'm new to the service. I just bought Hyrule Warriors and after I heard about the deal where you can register your game to get some free costumes for Ganondorf, I said "Eh. Sure. Why not?" But after registering the game with Club Nintendo and filling out their survey, I can't figure out how to actually get those costumes into the game. I can't find them in the game anywhere and all I see on the Eshop in regard to Hyrule Warriors is a $20 preorder for future DLC and nothing else. Maybe I'm just dumb and I'm overlooking some very simple step but how do I get those costumes? 

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 15th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Any luck?

Yeah, I thought I had a valid code for a game only to find out the code doesn't work.  I probably spent 30 minutes entering game codes to get coins.  I selected my game, got a code, and then tried to enter the code only for it not to work.  The code itself was valid as you get a different error message when it's random letters/numbers when I tried to troubleshoot the problem.

I think one of my largest complaints with Nintendo is their complete lack of an online infrastructure that works consistently.  

I'm super happy some people have figured out how to get stuff to work, but for me it's been a pain in the rear when it comes to that sort of stuff.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » October 16th, 2014, 12:54 am

The download code is what was throwing me off. I didn't know I needed one. I just assumed that my Club Nintendo account was linked with my Wii U and that after I registered the game, the costumes would just show up on the Eshop for me. I signed back into Club Nintendo and I saw a picture of Ganondorf with his alternate costumes and a link to a code. I knew it would be some simple step that I overlooked.

I didn't have any problems registering my games. I don't know what would cause your codes to not work. Of course like I said in my original post, I'm not exactly an expert on the subject.  

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 22nd, 2015, 11:29 am

Okay, I hate Nintendo.

I spent a good chunk of this morning attempting to enter the last of my stacks of Nintendo games for coins.

Most of the games codes have expired.  So what's the point in giving folks until 3/31 to enter codes if you're going expire the codes beforehand?

On the plus side the only thing better than Nintendo going mobile and coming up with a subscription plan is that steer is has to eat crow (again).

// yes, this post is immature and venting but sharing with the wife will just get me the "You're an idiot look."

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » March 22nd, 2015, 3:11 pm

Were they older DS and Wii codes? I haven't heard of any 3DS or Wii U codes yet expiring.

Much of it doesn't even make sense for what's good and what isn't for these two platforms. For instance, my Spirit Tracks code was expired for me from late 2009. Yet my Phantom Hourglass code from when I bought it at launch back in 2007 was still good when I entered both of them in recently. 

I'm a late member to Club Nintendo (Only about a year). Missed out on a lot of expired points, not to mention all the points I could've earned from my Wii Virtual Console purchases. 

Another good deal was their Deluxe Digital Promotion. The $10 I made off that allowed me to upgrade a good chunk of my NES & SuperNES library to their Wii U versions, free of charge.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 22nd, 2015, 3:35 pm

They were Wii games.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 failed but I swear Metroid Prime 3 went through.  The rest were more misses than hits.  The funny thing was I had to unwrap a good number of them to get the codes as I usually order stuff and then tell myself I'll get to them at some point.

Oh well, it's not like I don't have plenty of games to keep me busy without adding more free ones on top of the unplayed stack as it is.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » March 22nd, 2015, 4:20 pm

I got Metroid Prime 3 to go through a few months back, but think that my Metroid Prime Trilogy code was expired.

Another one of those things that doesn't make sense.

Return to “Video Games General”