As you get older....games that you've lost some skill at...

General and high profile video game topics.
Teddybear1

Postby Teddybear1 » April 16th, 2012, 4:53 pm

I am 40 years old now.  I have been playing Kaboom! for the 2600 a heckuva lot these past 3 months.   I have only passed 5000 points ONCE in this time.

This was a game that IN MY SLEEP I could get to 10,000 and see that smug mouth look on the Mad Bomber change to a simple - "Ohhhhhh, you're not too bad at my game". You know.....his mouth looks like a -.

It ain't my paddles....they are working just fine thank you.....it's cause I am older!

Don't worry fellows.....you'll get there too, soon enough.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » April 16th, 2012, 11:20 pm

Yeah....anything with more than two buttons!

txsizzler1

Postby txsizzler1 » April 16th, 2012, 11:22 pm

For me, its having less patience with a game. Back in the day, I could play even the crummiest of games, and play them till I could master them. Now that I am almost 40, seems like I have little patience for games that seem too hard, games that are too complicated, or games that are just plain bad.

Further, I find my attention span tends to drift to other responsibilities... so I don't focus on the gaming at hand nearly as much. I suspect I am not the only one that has this happen, though.

Ian

Viper821

Postby Viper821 » April 20th, 2012, 10:35 am

While some of my skills are still sharp (Contra for example), it seems most of my 2600 scores are an embarrassment today. For example, in Galaxian I reached level 16 when I was 5 but can't even get past level 5 now. I also used to breeze through Moon Patrol but struggle to even get past the second stage today. On the flip side, there are some levels (SMB 3 comes to mind) which went from impossible to laughably easy, mostly because as a kid I was over-thinking them.

Return to “Video Games General”