Homophobic??

General and high profile video game topics.
Moonman

Homophobic??

Postby Moonman » February 2nd, 2005, 12:53 pm

I seem to see a lot of gay-bashing and homophobic type comments in alot of your reviews.  Are you a homophobic?  Because even queer-as-folk like to play video games from time to time.
Swisher

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Homophobic??

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 2nd, 2005, 8:25 pm

[QUOTE=Moonman] I seem to see a lot of gay-bashing and homophobic type comments in alot of your reviews. Are you a homophobic? Because even queer-as-folk like to play video games from time to time.
Swisher
[/QUOTE]

I am definitely not homophobic. I'm all for the gays, and the queers, and the girls kissing, and the shopping at the Banana Republic and Pottery Barn, the picking out of curtains, using loofa brushes, listening to Kylie Minogue and things of this nature.

My reviews are meant to be in the spirit of fun, but if you identify any specific instances that seem mean spirited let me know and I'll considering changing them.

Underground

Homophobic??

Postby Underground » February 2nd, 2005, 9:17 pm

VGC, please don't kowtow to this Nazi. Freedom of speech, eh?

superjay

Homophobic??

Postby superjay » February 2nd, 2005, 11:36 pm

PLease don't change anything. The best part of this site is the way you critisize games with your own point of view. Don't change anything! I come here for the truth.

Alienblue

Homophobic??

Postby Alienblue » February 3rd, 2005, 7:22 am

...I never saw the comments as homophobic.
Saying a game LOOKS queer because it
is pink/paisley petunia colored is different
than saying "only queers would play this"
or some such derogatory comment...

If you REALLY want a gay game tho, check
out BIG BROTHER! Really, naked men for scenery?
..I'll wait for BIG SISTER. <:

Dennis

Homophobic??

Postby Dennis » February 3rd, 2005, 8:29 am

Stop being so sensitive.  No matter who you are, you're going to deal with some sort of salvo against your personal beliefs and/or lifestyle in your life.  Best thing to do is just ignore it.

mappy mouse pd

Homophobic??

Postby mappy mouse pd » February 3rd, 2005, 11:29 am

I also noticed the Video Game Critic uses the word "queer" here and there, but never thought he was homophobic. If he really is homophobic, it would have shown up in reviews for games like Shenmue, Toejam and Earl and Sonic Adventure.

Zenzerotron

Homophobic??

Postby Zenzerotron » February 3rd, 2005, 12:38 pm

To me, it's acceptable to use the word "gay" or "queer" to describe something that is lame. That's the context that Dave has used those words.

Personally, I just find humor in the name "moon man". Awful Fruedian.....

Paul Campbell

Homophobic??

Postby Paul Campbell » February 3rd, 2005, 1:55 pm

To say that any of that is "gay bashing" is a gross overstatement and is obviously meant to stir up some contention.  I think it's fricken hilarious when people use those adjectives.

Gay bashing would be more like:

"Toad looks like quite the queer with that mushroom suit on.  Speaking of queers, gay people totally suck."

sega saturn x

Homophobic??

Postby sega saturn x » February 3rd, 2005, 9:14 pm

Dosent queer just mean diffrent any way?

Return to “Video Games General”