Ubisoft and Wii U end of the line?

General and high profile video game topics.
ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 21st, 2014, 9:05 am

[QUOTE=Vexer]I'm just saying it's very misleading to say that no Nintendo game has ever had glitches.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that.

Dogtanian1

Postby Dogtanian1 » August 21st, 2014, 1:46 pm

There is a fairly big distinction between a few glitches and bugs that hamper your ability to actually play the game at all. I don't recall Nintendo having released any games that are guilty of this.

As for the original post - how have Wii U owners treated Ubisoft shabbily? That's nonsensical.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 22nd, 2014, 3:48 pm

Personally I don't really view this as a big loss.  In recent years Ubisoft has developed a bad reputation similar to Electronic Arts.  And frankly I don't think their games are so hot.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 22nd, 2014, 6:59 pm

I think Ubisoft's games are pretty good for the most part, don't really care about their bad rep.

michaeld1

Postby michaeld1 » August 24th, 2014, 4:00 pm

I'm not sure what bad rep Ubi Soft has, aside from I guess some of the glitches of the Assassin's Creed games after and including 3, but Ubi Soft has been more than fair to Nintendo.  They were more than holding up their end of the bargain by literally were putting out more disc games for Wii U in the first year than Nintendo was and the system sales and support that Nintendo promised just weren't there, still aren't and won't be until Smash Bros comes out (which I'm more and more convinced won't be this year).

It's definitely a loss for Wii U players, given how strong some of Ubi's recent games have been, like Rayman Legends and ZombiU, but unlike EA, who talked a big game on supporting Nintendo and gave up immediately after launch, Ubi gave them the benefit of the doubt, but now, enough's enough and Ubi is totally right to be easing back on their support for the system.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » August 24th, 2014, 4:56 pm

[QUOTE=michaeld]They were more than holding up their end of the bargain by literally were putting out more disc games for Wii U in the first year than Nintendo was and the system sales and support that Nintendo promised just weren't there, still aren't and won't be until Smash Bros comes out (which I'm more and more convinced won't be this year).
[/QUOTE]

I tried looking up the release date and couldn't find one either.

Looks like I'm not the only one.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/08/will-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-be-delayed-history-says-maybe/

It makes sense for it to be delayed if they're splitting teams/resources to work on the 3DS version.  Until that comes out, they can't set a release date as all of their people are tied up on that project.  With little in the way of good games coming out in the later half of this year on the Wii U, it looks like the PS4 and Xbox One will continue to trounce the Wii U.

Return to “Video Games General”