"Adult" video games anyone?

General and high profile video game topics.
Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 28th, 2012, 9:08 am

[QUOTE=MoonMetropolis]Wow, I'm amazed this thread made it past the mods.

[/QUOTE]

And why's that?

Marriott_Guy1

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » March 28th, 2012, 12:28 pm

There were a quite a few racey titles released in Japan for the PC-FX, LaserActive and the Playdia.  Check out games like the Pretty Illusion series and Virtual Camerman for a sampling.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 28th, 2012, 3:47 pm

I know the 3DO was home to some racy videogames.  Stuff like Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, NueroDancer, and more all got releases on the 3DO.  I think Vivid Video (adult video giant) actually published a handful of these games.

Then of course the most popular "adult" franchise of them all has to be Leisure Suit Larry.  The goofy escapades of everyone's favorite 40 year old virgin (screw you Steve Carell) were popular enough to spawn several sequels.  Word is they are planning to re-release these "adult" games with HD graphics on PSN/Xbox Live.  It shouldn't be a big deal since female flesh is much more common in today's gaming world.

On a side note - I have no real problem with games that feature nudity.  However, I feel like an absolute CREEPER if my girlfriend walks into the room during something like that. 

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » March 28th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Does that Grand Theft Auto game that showed the crooked male Senator in full frontal nudity count as an adult game?

I can remember that shocking people -- the first unhidden nudity in Grand Theft Auto and it turned out to be a post-middle-aged man.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » March 29th, 2012, 1:43 am

It wasn't really a "game." But do you guys remember "The Guy Game" that came out on the PS2 and Xbox? That was a very provocative release.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » March 29th, 2012, 12:05 pm

I heard about that game, didn't it gut pulled from store shelves after it was found out that one of the topless models in the game was underage?

Fingersdrippingink1

Postby Fingersdrippingink1 » March 29th, 2012, 5:15 pm

I consider Call of Duty more of an adult game than anything with sexuality in it. Being a citizen of the US, I know this might sound strange, but whenever I hear of a little kid playing COD: Black Ops or something of the ilk, I cringe. Blowing somebody's brains out in an ultra realistic game shouldn't be for kids.

There is a market for adult games out there; people play them at those little stand-alone units in bars.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » March 29th, 2012, 10:01 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]

I heard about that game, didn't it gut pulled from store shelves after it was found out that one of the topless models in the game was underage?

[/QUOTE]
Yes. Supposedly the Guy Game was banned because one girl was 17.

Return to “Video Games General”