If this the best the next generation can offer?

General and high profile video game topics.
velcrozombie1

Postby velcrozombie1 » January 5th, 2014, 10:45 pm

@darkrage6

I guess it seems like my post is aimed at you. It was more of a general comment about the
new consoles and how my perception of them changed after having a gaming-worthy PC
for the first time. Only you know how tech-savvy you are, but I would add that I have no
prior tech experience and was actually pretty scared when I first considered the idea of
building my own PC (which was borne out of the need to maximize my meager budget than
anything else). Honest to God, it's not a heck of a lot harder than building a Lego set or a
TV stand (everything has a slot that it goes to and each part only fits in one direction), and there's
SO MUCH information on the Internet about how to do it. I can't answer to your other
opinions or concerns (I keep most of my games so that I can lend them out to friends,
for instance), but I would add that console games have gotten buggier over time, too.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » January 6th, 2014, 4:23 am

Sorry, but I just don't really see the appeal of building my own PC when I already have a perfectly functional one.  My current PC actually was custom-built by a friend of my parents, he's a really great guy and has helped me out with computer problems several times, so should I ever feel the need to upgrade my system, i'll just pay him to do it rather then wasting time and getting frustrated trying to do it myself.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » January 6th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Not convinced with the doom mongering the new generation will pick up traction and there will be great titles both existing franchises evolving and tweaking gameplay and there will be of course new franchises and exciting new IP's as there is with each generation. Relax guys console gaming will be fine many hold the 16-bit era as a pinnacle but was that any different with the numerous platform games and fighters ? Over time you just remember the cream.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » January 6th, 2014, 2:40 pm

Sut-Agreed, there were tons of mediocre fighting games being churned out back then that nobody remembers now for good reasons.  I was personally never that big on fighting games myself.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » January 6th, 2014, 3:30 pm

I can't believe we're making a habit of doom-mongering.

In such an ironic way too.

Return to “Video Games General”