Help me find a game to scratch this itch...

General and high profile video game topics.
Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » October 24th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Wow! Thanks for the advice so far. I should have mentioned that I DID play and enjoy both RE4 and 5, as well as Heavenly Sword. What platform is the 3D Dot game heroes on? It sounds interesting as I am a Zelda fan. I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution last night for a few hours, and while it seemed decent, I'm not a big fan of having to direct conversations. I'd much prefer to sit back and watch. Plus the main character so far is about as dull as they come, which is making it hard to care about the story.

After work today I'll head straight over to Gamestop and pick up anything they have that has been mentioned this far. Thanks again for the advice!

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » October 24th, 2014, 4:13 pm

3D Dot Game Heroes is on the Playstation 3.  You should be able to find it very cheap.  I know you can get it new on Amazon for less than $20.

I feel like 10-15 years from now it will be one of those long forgotten but highly sought after gems.  

Another game that several here seemed to enjoy and is worth tracking down is Dragon's Crown (PS3).  It's a 2D side scrolling hack n slash in the same vein as the Dungeons and Dragons Arcade games (Tower of Mystara?).  If you can get past the *cough* interesting art style then there is alot to like about it.  

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » October 24th, 2014, 6:40 pm

I know that they aren't shooters, but Demon Souls and Dark Souls are both incredible games that are modern-day classics.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » October 24th, 2014, 7:59 pm

[QUOTE=BanjoPickles]I know that they aren't shooters, but Demon Souls and Dark Souls are both incredible games that are modern-day classics.[/QUOTE]

I heartily second that!

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » October 25th, 2014, 8:04 am

Yup! I was going to recommend Shadows Of The Damned. Perfect to play right before Halloween, too   

DaHeckIzDat1

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » October 25th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Since you mentioned you like Zelda and Heavenly Sword, I'll suggest Darksiders. It's got the progressive temple puzzle solving thing like Zelda, and hack and slash action like GoW and HS. It also has a cool story- what if the first Horseman of the Apocalypse from Revelations was released early, and ended up accidentally turning the battle in Hell's favor. If you're open to JRPGs, I'd suggest Tales of Xillia. The combat it very fast paced (and easy), the areas are big enough to allow some slight exploration while still keeping you on track, and the cut scenes, with some exceptions, are pretty short. The story is also amazing.

Return to “Video Games General”