Tecmo Super Bowl Genesis

General and high profile video game topics.
JustLikeHeaven1

Tecmo Super Bowl Genesis

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 30th, 2013, 2:11 pm

I have it and it is generally pretty good.  If the NES is an A to A+, I would say this is a B or B+.  If I remember correctly the main differences were the music...not quite as catchy as the NES game.  Also for some reason I remember it being a bit slower.  Not entirely sure about that though.  The graphics and cut scenes are almost unchanged.  It really is almost the same game.  So, if you can find it cheap and you love the NES game, I would say buy it.  I'm pretty sure the Critic has a review of it too.

Teddybear1

Tecmo Super Bowl Genesis

Postby Teddybear1 » April 30th, 2013, 3:10 pm

The Critic's review pretty much sums it up perfectly.  It is basically the same game which isn't a bad thing except you would expect more with it being a Genesis.

I highly recommend getting Tecmo Super Bowl II or III: Final Edition.  It's the same great gameplay with double the offensive and defensive plays.  The graphics are superior (playing on a field with a baseball diamond at the 50 is very cool) and there are some sweet enhancements like team and individual records that are saved with the battery back-up and the CPU naming Offensive and Defensive MVP's at the end of the regular season.

rahimtx1

Tecmo Super Bowl Genesis

Postby rahimtx1 » May 5th, 2013, 8:04 pm

I wanted to add a couple more points to what Teddybear had said about Tecmo Super Bowl III.  It is a great game, but they did try to make it a little more realistic than Super Tecmo Bowl.  That might turn some people off.  Another cool feature was at the beginning of every season you had three chances I believe to land FA's.  You can build your team from season to season via free agency, but unfortunately the players don't improve or downgrade as seasons go on. 

Return to “Video Games General”