Vita vs 3DS

General and high profile video game topics.
vegas83

Vita vs 3DS

Postby vegas83 » June 19th, 2012, 6:39 pm

I already had a Vita since launch and just picked up a 3DS last week and have to say the Vita is hands down a better machine.
Why do I say this, well graphically Vita is superior, controls I believe are better. I love the cloud idea, I just wish they had more games that supported this feature.
Now so far the libarry of games I think has to go to nintendo but I think the Vita will get there eventually.
Let me know your thoughts.

HardcoreSadism1

Vita vs 3DS

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 19th, 2012, 7:34 pm

I don't think it's very fair to compare these two, unfortunately. The Vita is like the most different as all get out handhelds. The 3DS is far more dedicated as a machine, this isn't a criticism, I like both equally. But at some point systems will not be easy to compare due to sheer gap in their differences (which don't teeter on good nor bad, just to avoid biased thought).

Blueguy1

Vita vs 3DS

Postby Blueguy1 » June 19th, 2012, 9:14 pm

I can't make a solid claim for the Vita, since I don't have one yet. However, I have played Asphalt Injection, which is really fun and is superior to the mediocre 3DS version! 

That said the Vita needs exclusives that actually play like portable games. The 3DS has these, and its growing library is filled with great games. 

I prefer the 3DS for now, but when I get a Vita with some exclusives, we'll see what happens.

Rev1

Vita vs 3DS

Postby Rev1 » June 19th, 2012, 9:31 pm

I am not too sure about this one... Like previously mentioned they are completely different types of machines. I'm still waiting for a price drop (and new models) for both handhelds. I always have ended up buying the Nintendo portables only to be months away from a shiny new version with better screens, better battery life, and so on. Plus, I haven't been too impressed with either of the consoles so far. I think I can list the must own titles for both consoles on 1 hand. I'm playing the waiting game right now and I hope that the Vita gets a strong selection of titles eventually. I'm pretty sure that the 3DS will if only because 1.) it's Nintendo and they have always been the #1 on the handheld market and 2.) the DS started off slowly as well and eventually built up a huge library of games.

The Vita definitely has the edge design wise, but so did the PSP (IMO). All of that doesn't matter if there are not more then a handful of games that make the console worth owning... So I wait... Hopefully for some great news.

Paul1231

Vita vs 3DS

Postby Paul1231 » June 21st, 2012, 3:51 am

Yeah, I really feel like we are to the point where the whole "which handheld is better" discussion should be put to rest, and replaced with "which handheld has the best library currently?".  As far as the graphics between the two, who the hell cares.  At this point, you are going to be hard pressed to find a game where the graphics actually detract from the gameplay experience, so I really don't care.  Is the game fun?  THAT, I care about.

Greisha1

Vita vs 3DS

Postby Greisha1 » June 21st, 2012, 5:48 pm

[QUOTE=Paul123]  As far as the graphics between the two, who the hell cares. 
[/QUOTE]

I always wondered about the point of getting really good graphics on a handheld. The screen is so tiny, how are you supposed to make out the details?

Return to “Video Games General”