Whats in your current rotation

General and high profile video game topics.
vegas83

Postby vegas83 » December 14th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I think this topic has been brought up before but this time a year there is so much to play I figured I would bring it back up.
I can't remember a time with so many B to A+ titles, this is currently what I am playing:

The Crew (PS4)- Good not great driving game a lot to explore any plenty to do in this driving game, graphics not what I think this gen consoles should be producing but a fun game.

Captain Toads Treasure Track- Fun little platform puzzler, another solid Nintendo title and for $39.99 you cant go wrong for kids and adults/

Super Smash Bros- Pure brawling fun, fun solo or with friends.

Super Mario Kart 8- Typical Mario Kart but with so many more tracks and character will make your head spin.

Call of Duty Advance Warfare- Usual Call of Booty but I enjoy the series so it is in the rotation, its a quick play when you dont have much time.

NBA 2k15- Need a sports title in here and this is pretty good not as good as past titles in the series but like I said need a sports title.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warefare (Xbox One)- This has been out for awhile but another quick picl up and play. Plenty of characters and collectible to make you come back for more. Plus I have to start the Xbox 1 every now and then to make sure it still works, its like a car need to start in now and again.

That is currently what is out of their cases and stacked on each console, other I just put away:

Madden 15- typical EA and Madden but wanted a football game.

Bayonetta 2- Just played this for 30 mins or so fun game with some hilarious commentary just not enough time to get into this at this time.

Nes Remix 1 & 2 Retail version- Fun compilation of mini games another quick pickup and play if short on time.

Like I said earlier I think this is one of the best times I can remember for gaming, three solid consoles with many great titles, let me know your thoughts and also what is in your rotation of games.

Vegas833

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » December 14th, 2014, 11:56 pm

I have a ton of games to play , but constantly find myself going back to Reaper of souls,
just too much fun !!

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » December 15th, 2014, 4:13 am

I'm currently playing Crysis, Injustice and 3-on-3 NHL Arcade for the Xbox 360. They are all excellent games 

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » December 15th, 2014, 4:36 am

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - I've finished the single player earlier in the year, I went back and tried the multi-player and now I can't stop playing it.

Blackthorne (32x) - Never released in the UK recently picked up a great repro copy with European style box art. We missed something with this game, great fun.

MGS - Peacewalker (PS3) - Playing through the MGS HD collection I've completed MGS 2&3 and moved onto this, it's the first time I've played it, interesting thus far. I like the capturing soldiers mechanic.

Infinity Blade (iOS) - Another I previously played and have gone back to, currently achievement hunting on this I have one more single player achievement to unlock then 4 multiplayer ones. I've only played a couple of multi-player games, much prefer single player.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » December 15th, 2014, 10:34 am

Wild Arms 2 (Playstation) - I've been spending way too much time on this game. Or not enough time. Point is, it's taking me way too long to finish. I need to just pick a day when I have nothing to do and just focus all my time on it.

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - I beat the main story mode a while ago. I'm currently hunting skulltulas and trying to unlock all of the weapons that I'm missing in adventure mode. And that is not an easy task.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3) - I beat this one a few weeks ago. Now I'm going after the alternate endings and trophies. The trophies in this game are challenging but they don't have some dumb, barely achievable requirements. Those are the kinds of platinum trophies I go for.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » December 17th, 2014, 6:07 am

I normally try to focus on just a game or two at a time to ensure I finish it.  I'm playing a lot of games right now... too many, probably.  But I just got a PS4 (yay!) and I'm playing some games on that, plus the JRPGs I was playing before, so it's kind of a mess, though the games are all excellent.  JRPGs are tough games to walk away from and then try to pick up where you left off, so I may try to finish those first.  Anyway, here's what's in my rotation:

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4) - I played this last year on 360, then earlier this year on PS3 (through Plus), but this is easily the best version.  "Definitive" indeed.  One of the best action games ever created.  A+

Resogun (PS4) - If you thought the Geometry Wars games were good, you should try the Super Stardust series (PSP, PS3, Vita).  I thought Super Stardust HD (PS3) was the king of these games, but this is the spiritual successor and it's like Defenders on crack... with voxels... and even more crack.  Electronic addiction.  A

Strider (PS4) - I love me a good Metroidvania and this one is pretty great.  The combat is fun and satisfying and the exploration is handled quite well.  Strider 2 (PS1) is still my favorite in the series, but this is probably second.  Some of the later boss fights are infuriatingly difficult, though.  B

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Super Famicom) - This was supposed to be released in NA around 1995 or 1996 as "Secret of Mana 2," but it never happened.  Luckily, a fan translation makes this playable and it's one of the best games on the SNES.  I played Secret of Mana a few months ago and was surprised to find it glitchy and somewhat overrated.  SD3 fixes everything wrong with Secret of Mana and is easily the best in the Seiken Densetsu/Mana series.  A hidden gem and would have been considered a legit classic had it been released outside of Japan.  Play it.  A

Tales of Destiny (PS1) - Finally getting around to playing the first Tales game released in NA.  I was expecting it to be a clunky mess, but the translation is enjoyable, characters entertaining and the so-called LBS (linear battle system) is actually pretty fun, though rudimentary.  It hasn't aged incredibly well, so I think you probably need to be a pretty big Tales fan or a JRPG enthusiast (like me) to really enjoy it.  Or even if you like to look at sprite-based PS1 games, this one is pretty good.  B-

God of War II (Vita) - If you want the definitive version, go for the PS3 Collection.  This cuts the PS3's frame rate in half, running at a consistent 30 fps.  I enjoy the series, but the original will always be my favorite.  This one is still pretty great and easily one of the best action games of the 6th generation.  But for minor technical issues in the Vita version, I have to lower the score a bit.  B

Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - I have zero nostalgia for this game, as I only started my fanaticism for the JRPG genre a couple of years ago.  I started this purely out of curiosity for its historical significance, despite the internet hating on this game for its visuals and former popularity.  I'm about 10 hours in and I LOVE it.  Honestly, the 3D character models do look pretty poor, but they don't distract from the game.  Plus, the pre-rendered 2D backgrounds look lush and AMAZING (even today), the story and setting are interesting and the music is on another level.  Sorry haters, but you're wrong on this one.  A

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » December 17th, 2014, 9:53 am

I don't normally keep a rotation of games going...like JWK I tend to focus on one or two games at a time.  I'm currently playing:

Twilight Princess (Gamecube) - I've already talked everyone's ear off about this.

Diablo III (PS3) - Do the words, greatest console hack n slash ever made mean anything to you?  Sure the game is DRASTICALLY different than Diablo I and II...but it's much more accessible and really hones in on what makes these games fun.  It actually feels like an amped up, modern day Gauntlet game.  Right now I'm going through the game as a Demon Hunter.  I'm still in Act I and it's taken a back seat until I finish Twilight Princess...but I will come back to this.

On the back burner:

I just got copies of Dragon Quest IV and Chrono Trigger for the Nintendo DS.  I'll prob start one of those very soon as I like having something to play while I relax before bed.  RPGs are perfect for this.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » December 17th, 2014, 12:46 pm

I've been playing a few games although the two I've been playing the most right now are:

Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U- I'm slowly unlocking all the custom moves on the 3DS version and then migrating over sets to my Wii U. I've also just been playing the Wii U version which is a lot of fun.

Guerrilla War (NES)- This game was a pleasant surprise. It is a top down shooter and it is absolutely one of the best games I've played on my NES (it's also really cheap). You basically fight off wards of enemies and you can get a bunch of gun upgrades and it also has unlimited continues, meaning no code is necessary if you want to beat through all 10+ levels. It's really well designed and it is kind of like a top down Metal Slug (it's made by SNK as well).

Those two (three?) are the ones I've been playing the most over the last week or so.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » December 17th, 2014, 3:35 pm

Playing GC before Christmas -

Paper Mario 1000 Year Door
Crazy Taxi
Battalion Wars
Mario Strikers

What a fun system!

vegas83

Postby vegas83 » December 17th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Sounds like there is a lot of people like me playing multiple games at once, what a great year for games.

JWK- welcome to the PS$ family it is a fun console with plenty yet to come.

Rev- I only Smash for Wii U do you think it is worth it to get it on 3DS as well?

Looks as if there a few people playing Game Cube this is one system I have never played, can you play those games on Wii U or just Wii? What games can you recommend for the GC?

Happy Gaming and Holidays!!!

Vegas833

Return to “Video Games General”