How does your wife/significant other/mom deal with your video games?

General and high profile video game topics.
weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » January 27th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Eh, apparently I paid a little too much attention to my video games in 1994, because that was the explanation my ex-wife gave me for filing a divorce. Apparently, some women aren't too keen on their other halves playing alot of video games. Some of you guys are lucky, you have wives that don't care. Lol, wish I would've received that luck.

a1

Postby a1 » January 27th, 2014, 7:06 pm

I'm a very lucky man. My wife likes games and supports my hobby. She loves sega genesis and Halo. We used to play Halo together all the time. Maybe I'll see if she wants to play this weekend.

Really the only thing of mine that she doesn't get is football. She doesn't even like the sound of it on the tv and I want to watch it all Sunday.

p.s. Go Broncos!

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » January 27th, 2014, 8:10 pm

So far my wife is supportive, but I haven't fully reached my goal yet either. Right now we're renting so I'm keeping it on the low. In about two years we're going to buy a house and that's when I'm going to want to get a Funhouse pinball machine.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » January 27th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Your wife isn't alone, i'm a guy and I do not for the life of me get football or any major sports really(could not care less about the Super Bowl if I tried), they just bore me to death.

I don't have a significant other yet, but all the women I have dated were pretty good gamers.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » January 28th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Agreed with dark,...nothing is EVER gonna top Calvinball,...well except maybe Muggle Quidditch.

Other chicks I've dated usually have been decent sports about my gaming at worst,or been outright gamers themselves. Very glad nothing's changed with this one.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 29th, 2014, 9:49 pm

None of the women in my life have any interest in video games.  I'm sure my mother thinks they are a huge waste of money and time.

The wife doesn't mind me playing because it keeps me quiet (and at home) while she does her thing. At least she doesn't mind me having friends over to play (not so quiet).

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » January 31st, 2014, 8:00 am

Tell you one thing, all the hemming and hawing I did, she seems to have forgotten all about the elliptical, and now she wants to share a chorizo brick oven pizza with me. All for one low payment of eighteen bucks. 

In my fourth month of marriage, I seem to be onto something here. 

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » March 11th, 2015, 9:00 pm

My wife took away my PS4 controllers for the day because I had fast food. She says next time I eat that crap, I lose the controller, not that day, but on March 31st, the day MLB 15: The Show comes out. 

Voor1

Postby Voor1 » March 11th, 2015, 10:27 pm

My wife has never been interested in games and in general, thinks they are a nonproductive waste of time. But she has TONS of hobbies and genuinely enjoys learning and cultivating new and useful skills. So it's hard to argue. Lol.

I have a gamecube and she has a general disdain for it, but it's "allowed" (lol....joking...eh...kind of) so long as it doesn't interfere with family stuff, which I'm very respectful of anyway. I usually only play when I'm home by myself, which isn't often. I did recently buy 1080 snowboarding and told her that id like her to try it with me, but we'll see....so far it's no go.

I have other hobbies, which she is supportive of, and if I has to choose, I love just hanging out with her 100x more than getting through a temple in Ocarina of Time (though that is also sweet).

Parents never played, but me and my brothers did. Too bad the FPS party games (Goldeneye, Halo) came out after I moved out the house. But when we did get together and play those later, man was it fun.

Still undecided on how I will let me kids play games.

Dave1

Postby Dave1 » March 11th, 2015, 10:46 pm

[QUOTE=Herschie]My wife took away my PS4 controllers for the day because I had fast food. She says next time I eat that crap, I lose the controller, not that day, but on March 31st, the day MLB 15: The Show comes out. [/QUOTE]

Whoa, so by "wife" you meant "mother," right? [smile]

Which fine establishment did you patronize? I hope it was worth it.

Return to “Video Games General”