The Criticize Nintendo Thread

General and high profile video game topics.
Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » June 18th, 2014, 6:05 am

The trouble with Nintendo is they keep rehashing old ideas.  The excitement generated at E3 for Star fox shows they have nothing new on their system.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 18th, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by ActRaiser 4. Nintendo fanboys tend to be the ultimate in douchbags. Tell me if you've heard this one before? "Nnnnnn is so good while Yyyyyyy is so terrible. It's a fact...game play is the best....narrative akin to humping a whale....blah, blah"

Nintendo fans are not douches - its just that most people on forums have been influenced by negatave Nintendo coverage to such an extent they loose all of THEIR objectivity. It rears its ugly head in EVERY Nintendo topic. For example, you have a ton of people criticizing Nintendo for 'rehashes' at E3 this year - JUST Nintendo :

http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2014

Too funny!

But that is they way they are. And then there is the kind, gentle Nintendo fan, who must praise Sony in MS in every post, so he knows he will fit in. They are the worst. Hard to have a true discussion when most of the board is brainwashed and hypocritical in their stances. If there is a company that does game play BETTER than Nintendo - why don't you name them Act Raiser? And if there is a AAA game out there with a truly compelling and well done sotry - in comparison to even an average movie - please name it. And I will tear it apart with no effort at all.  Watch Dogs was horrible too, the story is absolute trash. Sorry, but its true. Let's be adults and hold games up to an adult standard. Isn't that another false narrative - you have outgrown Nintendo, and now, at nearly 40 year old, you cling to childishly fanboy violent teenager games?

Give a counter example, Show me this 'mature gaming' I hear so much about. It is a joke. As a story telling medium, games are a complete fanboy joke.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 18th, 2014, 8:45 am

You're such a victim Steer, go to the nearest shelter for corporate lapdogs. This place isn't for you.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » June 18th, 2014, 8:45 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]
Nintendo fans are not douches [/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%  Nintendo fans aren't douches.  Nintendo fanboys are.  See the difference?  Thanks for proving my point.  [tongue]

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 18th, 2014, 8:47 am

I am really impressed by your examples.

You have nothing, and you brought nothing. You are just mad because you know it is true. What other explanation is there?

Dogtanian1

Postby Dogtanian1 » June 18th, 2014, 9:04 am

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]Nintendo fanboys tend to be the ultimate in douchbags.  Tell me if you've heard this one before?  "Nnnnnn is so good while Yyyyyyy is so terrible.  It's a fact...game play is the best....narrative akin to humping a whale....blah, blah"  Go jump on a mushroom or better yet, eat a few.[/QUOTE]

Almost the exact same thing could be said of any 'fanboy' and isn't constructive in the slightest.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 18th, 2014, 9:12 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]I am really impressed by your examples.

You have nothing, and you brought nothing. You are just mad because you know it is true. What other explanation is there?[/QUOTE]

You call Watch Dogs garbage, but never played it. Because it isn't on the Wii. Is there anything you actually whine about in terms of experience?

The Wii must have been your first ever console, because you sure as hell didn't play anything beforehand.

Bluenote1

Postby Bluenote1 » June 18th, 2014, 9:32 am

Sigh......and here we go again.....Not even 2 pages in and the insults are flying.

Guys, these are just video games.  Let's relax and have a mature conversation.  Pretend that you are in Dave's house, and are talking face to face. 

I love Nintendo, but I do wish they would come up with some new IPs.  They did get the ball rolling with Splatoon, but I'd love to see some more, I'm starting to get a bit burned out on Mario, Donkey Kong, etc.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 18th, 2014, 10:16 am

[QUOTE=HardcoreSadism][QUOTE=Segatarious]I am really impressed by your examples.

You have nothing, and you brought nothing. You are just mad because you know it is true. What other explanation is there?[/QUOTE] You call Watch Dogs garbage, but never played it. Because it isn't on the Wii. Is there anything you actually whine about in terms of experience? The Wii must have been your first ever console, because you sure as hell didn't play anything beforehand.[/QUOTE]

I called the story garbage - and the story is on youtube.

I can judge story on youtube. gameplay only a little - you can judge, but not completely....

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » June 18th, 2014, 1:45 pm

So, gamers who play, and love, all three are the worst? Why, exactly, is that, Steer? Personally, I think that obnoxiously blind devotion is the worst, but what do I know?

You also say that you never insult anyone? That's a good one! What do you call pretty much all non-Nintendo gamers? Wasn't it something like "manbros?" No, that isn't insulting at all! Oh, and what did you accuse me of? That's right, that I only play/want popular games on Wii U (a joke, in and of itself, considering how widely popular the majority of your favorite franchises are). Dude, you are the single most insulting person on these boards, bar none. At least the majority of us have never been banned, only to sneak our way back in.

Back to the topic:

-while it's good that Nintendo occasionally resurrects an old franchise, I would like to see them create something with new characters.

-the virtual console is weak compared to its Japanese counterpart.

-some Nintendo fans are douches!!

Return to “Video Games General”