Your Least Favorite Genre?

General and high profile video game topics.
LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » December 6th, 2014, 12:54 am

For me, it has to be sports games, especially of the realistic variety. Non realistic sports games, wrestling, and extreme sports games are fun, but the realistic ones I can't stand. However, I'm not much of a sports guy myself, so my opinion is admittedly biased.

Which genre of games is the one you have the least amount of fun with?

Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » December 6th, 2014, 11:30 am

Yeah, I don't enjoy a lot of sport games (except soccer and tennis) either. However, my least favorite genre is serious racing game. I like Mario Kart and Micro Machines, but I don't have the patience to play games like Forza and Grid. I always find those games way too hard and I'm not interested in putting any effort in it.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » December 6th, 2014, 3:16 pm

I totally agree with serious racing games. I hate how hard the learning curve is especially hard considering I'm usually not having enough fun in the process. For games with rubber band AI, it sucks too. Complexity has killed that genre for me. I also think that serious sports games are so boring these days.

Calysma1

Postby Calysma1 » December 6th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Fighting games due to my lack of skill at them; Super Smash Bros. is about the only one with controls simple enough for me to grasp.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » December 6th, 2014, 4:50 pm

The fighting game genre is the one that I have the least interest in. I'm also not usually too thrilled about puzzlers and Japanese RPG's, although I've enjoyed Nintendo's own take on this genre with games like Paper Mario 64. 

Racers, realistic to arcadish and everything in-between, are my favorite genre. 

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » December 6th, 2014, 10:29 pm

Fps, and sports are my least fav.
though there are still a few here and there from each that i can get into

rift1

Postby rift1 » December 6th, 2014, 11:32 pm

first person shooter. can't stand any of them since wolfenstein. a little ironic as I love first person rpg's. I guess that's the thing though - I like the immersion and exploration that first person allows, not running around like you have a jetpack strapped on you shooting everything

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » December 7th, 2014, 12:38 am

Yeah I definitely despise sports games with a passion, I just find them completely and utterly boring.

Agreed on realistic racers as well, I remember going over to my cousin's and trying out one of the Gran Turismo games on the PS2, I could not get a handle on the controls and it was not fun in the least, haven't wanted to play another one since.

Also don't care much for strategy games.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » December 7th, 2014, 7:41 am

Mine is definitely FPS. They tend to give me a headache and I just don't understand the appeal of these type of games. Most of them are almost exactly the same as the next.

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » December 7th, 2014, 9:14 am

I'm probably in the minority around here, but I dislike RPGs.  Any RPG, Japanese or Western.  I don't even like it when they try slipping "RPG elements" into action games.  Crafting stuff, leveling-up weapons, wandering around looking for crap, talking to random people...  Ugh...

Return to “Video Games General”