Digital games you think the Critic would enjoy

General and high profile video game topics.
ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » March 23rd, 2015, 8:32 am

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]I was all about the Streets of Rage Remake, but I can't get it to work on my Xbox.  I downloaded the zip file, unzipped in the contents on a blank DVD and burned it.  But my Xbox says it won't recognize the disc.

From searching around it appears you need a modded Xbox to run this?  [/QUOTE]

You will indeed need a modded console to run any homebrew software. I highly recommend it, though--it really unlocks the potential of the Xbox.

billydeethrilliams1

Postby billydeethrilliams1 » March 23rd, 2015, 10:06 am

I forgot about Guacamelee, it's pretty fun with a sense of humor.

I misremembered playing Far Cry Blood Dragon on disc (which it came on after). One of the best digital games to be sure. Gotta love Michael Biehn.

And I did a review in the forums on the Castle of Illusion remake. Highly recommended. 

I just beat Shantae and The Pirate's Curse. Some of the hidden items were placed in annoying locations, and there is a final bit of platforming that I felt was unnecessarily hard. Otherwise pretty good game with a sense of humor. Grade B+

a1

Postby a1 » March 23rd, 2015, 2:31 pm

[QUOTE=billydeethrilliams]And I did a review in the forums on the Castle of Illusion remake. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

That's a fantastic remake. It rectifies every minor complaint I have about the original and adds polish to everything else. The score is especially well done.

velcrozombie1

Postby velcrozombie1 » March 24th, 2015, 11:53 am

A few more:

Bloodrayne: Betrayal - 2d action/platforming game with hand-drawn animation that plays like a mix of Castlevania and Devil May Cry. (Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade)

Mark of the Ninja - 2d stealth game that gives you large, open levels with plenty options for getting through them. You have a number of weapons and traps at your disposal and can also use the environment to take out your enemies, or you can get to the end of each level without killing anyone, if you choose. Very fun game from the studio that created the Shank series.

Divekick - More of a partial recommendation. A fighting game where you control all movements and attacks using only two buttons (no joystick). The game isn't exactly pretty, and the  single-player option is as bare-bones as you can get; instead, it's the local multiplayer where the game shines. Since there's no combos to learn and every character uses the same buttons, it makes for a great party game.

Gilly1

Postby Gilly1 » March 24th, 2015, 8:55 pm

Critic try a game called Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams on Xbox One(not sure if it's on PS4).
https://youtu.be/sQcVgc4bmo4

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » March 31st, 2015, 1:13 pm

I would recommend Sonic 4: Episode 2, as that game's physics engine is based off the Genesis games and isn't anything like the previous games "stop-on-a-dime" physics engine(though personally I didn't mind it too much), plus it has some pretty great levels and feels like a true sequel to Sonic 3.

Return to “Video Games General”