You have to admire Nintendo's dedication to Wii U

General and high profile video game topics.
Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » June 14th, 2014, 1:19 pm

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher][QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=Astrosmasher]and the funny thing about it ... is that Ubisoft could be the systems saviour with their Watchdogs game coming out later in the year.  Well saviour against the kiddie games.[/QUOTE]

What is adult about it? It will do nothing on  Wii U because A: it is already released and used up, and B, Wii U has much better games to buy.

Look at this Ubisoft ...

Forgive Ubisoft, all's it is is one big manchild CG film. Oh, the French Revolution, told in the stupidest way possible. If you want to use the words 'childish', 'derivative', 'rehash', about E3 this year, go right ahead - there is your game.

Imagine a game industry without Nintendo around, the one company that actually focuses on gameplay.....[/QUOTE]
Steer you quoted the wrong game I am talking about Watchdogs fanboy.[/QUOTE]
Well I have to say that you have no fear of playing this game Steer as it is only for next gen systems and it is not coming out on Wii U.... nor is far cry 3....
I am sure that Ubisoft will not completely stop making nintendo games after all they still need people like you to play Just Dance..... fun games for the whole family....

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 14th, 2014, 1:25 pm

[QUOTE=Astrosmasher][QUOTE=Astrosmasher][QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=Astrosmasher]and the funny thing about it ... is that Ubisoft could be the systems saviour with their Watchdogs game coming out later in the year.  Well saviour against the kiddie games.[/QUOTE]

What is adult about it? It will do nothing on  Wii U because A: it is already released and used up, and B, Wii U has much better games to buy.

Look at this Ubisoft ...

Forgive Ubisoft, all's it is is one big manchild CG film. Oh, the French Revolution, told in the stupidest way possible. If you want to use the words 'childish', 'derivative', 'rehash', about E3 this year, go right ahead - there is your game.

Imagine a game industry without Nintendo around, the one company that actually focuses on gameplay.....[/QUOTE]
Steer you quoted the wrong game I am talking about Watchdogs fanboy.[/QUOTE]
Well I have to say that you have no fear of playing this game Steer as it is only for next gen systems and it is not coming out on Wii U.... nor is far cry 3....
I am sure that Ubisoft will not completely stop making nintendo games after all they still need people like you to play Just Dance..... fun games for the whole family....[/QUOTE]

Well, I could always get it for PC, for a lot cheaper.

I think I will wait for next year : Ass. Creed : Gettysburg.

I can't wait to kill Gen. Lee! Ubisoft knows all about FREEDOM!

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » June 14th, 2014, 5:16 pm

It's a flawed business model Nintendo has been employing Sega. Their systems have been incapable of providing sports and FPS games on par with Sony and Microsoft. And Sut, your last comment about Nintendo losing market share because of sub par sports games echoes what I've been saying. To think people argued with me for weeks and now Sut's basically saying I was right.

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » June 14th, 2014, 6:26 pm

I agree on the Vita side of things. I rarely play mine. No good games to play usually. I can only see minecraft being any good.

LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » June 17th, 2014, 1:15 am

I actually agree with most of this post. I find it admirable that Nintendo stays dedicated to the Wii U, despite it not selling as well as expected. Despite everyone calling the Wii U a failure, and people saying that Nintendo is doomed and they're going to go out of business, Nintendo has stuck to their guns and have remained dedicated to making the Wii U an awesome system. That's one of the things I love about Nintendo, they support their systems no matter what. Virtual Boy be damned. I do feel that the potshots towards Sony, Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft were totally unnecessary, but otherwise, I'm with you on this one.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 17th, 2014, 7:47 am

Why are they pot shots?

I have described their games exactly as they are. And that is the problem here.

You want art, you want deep and original compelling  stories - well get out of the game market, you won't find them here!

I put game play first, and atmosphere second, and story not at all. That is why I am a target on these boards, but I am not a problem.

LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » June 17th, 2014, 10:41 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Why are they pot shots?

[/QUOTE]

Because this is supposed to be a thread about praising Nintendo, not "Let's insult the other companies at every opportunity we get."

[QUOTE=Segatarious]You want art, you want deep and original compelling  stories - well get out of the game market, you won't find them here![/QUOTE]

One word: Zelda

And it's a Nintendo series at that. It's a series that provides both amazing stories and amazing gameplay. It's the best of both worlds.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 17th, 2014, 12:07 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]
I am a target on these boards, but I am not a problem.
[/QUOTE]

You're a target because you reside here under illicit circumstances.

Also known as ban evading.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 17th, 2014, 12:08 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Why are they pot shots?

You want art, you want deep and original compelling  stories - well get out of the game market, you won't find them here!

I put game play first, and atmosphere second, and story not at all. That is why I am a target on these boards, but I am not a problem.[/QUOTE]

Remember, though, that story is not necessary for art. Look at any Rothko or Pollock painting and you will find absolutely no story. You will find plenty of emotion, thought, and feeling--but absolutely no narrative. Some of the greatest games are this way as well. Alien Garden, Transcend, Inside a Star-Filled Sky and so on. Many great games, however, do use story artfully: Papers, Please and Majora's Mask both explore themes of desperation, loss, and the fear of confronting the human condition through small vignettes of everyday life.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 17th, 2014, 12:12 pm

[QUOTE=weallmissedme]I agree on the Vita side of things. I rarely play mine. No good games to play usually. I can only see minecraft being any good.[/QUOTE]

I partially agree. I personally use my Vita more than other handhelds I own, but one's enjoyment of the device is wholly contingent on one's love of JRPGs, social sims, and the PS1 and PSP back catalog. Sony made a misstep in trying to present the Vita as a way to experience console gaming (by which I mean AAA sports and shooter games) on the go.

Return to “Video Games General”