Licensed Movie Games that are Good?

General and high profile video game topics.
LoganRuckman1

Postby LoganRuckman1 » January 17th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Speaking of Goldeneye, I've never played it, but I've always wanted to, as it's considered one of the greatest games ever made, and it was made by Rare, at that point one of the best developers. The only concern I have is that older FPS titles tend to age poorly, so I have to ask, in a modern day context, is it still worth playing for someone with no nostalgia attached to it?

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » January 18th, 2015, 10:27 am

If you can put your nostalgia glasses on or are able to compare Goldeneye with other N64 FPS's you can have a blast. However, Perfect Dark has aged a lot better in terms of FPS's when compared to today's offerings. Still, I like Goldeneye a lot but I have good memories of the game from when I was growing up...

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 18th, 2015, 12:49 pm

The nostalgia factor has more to do with gaming with three others in vying to kill everyone.  

A lot of the cool factor was seeing guards move ever so slightly and figuring out the different animations based on where you'd shoot them.  Today, I doubt anyone would think that was cool.

But the tank level will always be cool...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 18th, 2015, 3:38 pm

I'm starting to miss licensed video games.  Where's the Guardians of the Galaxy game?!  Imagine what a kick ass side-scrolling brawler that would be.  Too bad it's not 1992.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » January 19th, 2015, 12:43 am

Personally I think you're better off skipping Goldeneye, IMO it has aged very poorly, way too much fake difficulty, beating a level largely comes down to sheer blind luck rather then actual skill(that especially goes for Aztec, as whether or not you can beat it depends on where the guards decide to spawn).  If you didn't grow up playing it, I can't imagine you'd get very much out of it.

We will be getting a game based on the upcoming Mad Max film(which looks kickass BTW) which looks quite interesting.

PinMike86661

Postby PinMike86661 » January 19th, 2015, 1:26 am

I heard Blade for the Game Boy Color is a hidden gem; it's actually developed by HAL Laboratory, best known for Kirby. Speaking of Blade, Zen Pinball (aka Pinball FX 2) has some really nice table designs covering licenses such as Marvel Comics, Start Wars, Plants vs. Zombies, The Walking Dead, and South Park. The game combines tables similar to a real design with some good special effects and videogame elements for added fun.

Return to “Video Games General”