Games you like that nobody else does?

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev1

Postby Rev1 » February 19th, 2015, 5:11 pm

Fester's Quest
Friday the 13th

For the NES. I know that some people out there like these games but not a majority of gamers. I picked them up because of the AVGN but liked them a lot more than his character said he did (although one of his recent videos said that he actually does enjoy Friday the 13th).

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » February 19th, 2015, 8:04 pm

@ptdebate - I enjoy Star Ocean 2 so much I bought it twice!  I have the PSOne original and the PSP game (which is basically the same thing with just a few tweaks).

The games that I truly love that no one else seems to like at all:

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) -- Solid/precise controls, amazing atmosphere, incredible music

God of War: Ascension (PS3) -- One of the greatest looking console games ever, fun and slick gameplay, incredible set pieces.  No clue why so many dislike this game.

Codename: Viper (NES) -- Yeah, Capcom ripped off Namco, but it's an awesome game.  When I found my NES stuff at my parents' house 10 years ago, this was the first game that I played.

Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES) -- I'm convinced the only reason people hate this game is because it isn't Rondo of Blood.  Get over it!  It's great on its own merits and the final boss isn't *that* hard.  If someone wanted to see what visuals and music were possible on the Super Nintendo, this would probably be the game I'd show them.

Super Paper Mario (Wii) -- Fantasticm underrated game with charm to spare.  Once you get over the fact that it isn't turn based, you'll enjoy yourself a ton.  Amazing visuals and fantastic gameplay with seemless 2D-to-3D effects.

Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker (arcade) -- Ok, saying I "love" this game is probably a stretch.  But it's a really great isometric beat em up, and I loved it as a kid and still love it today.  I played it on MAME earlier this year and it holds up quite well.  Don't care for the Genesis version, though.

Pimphand_Gamester1

Postby Pimphand_Gamester1 » February 19th, 2015, 8:08 pm

[QUOTE=Rev]Fester's Quest
Friday the 13th

For the NES. I know that some people out there like these games but not a majority of gamers. I picked them up because of the AVGN but liked them a lot more than his character said he did (although one of his recent videos said that he actually does enjoy Friday the 13th).[/QUOTE]

I liked both of those back in the day. Fester's however I thought was more difficult than needed to be. Which also reminded me that I always loved Jaws. Many never liked it but I always thought it was a lot of fun, reminds me of Diver Boy at the arcades.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » February 20th, 2015, 7:53 pm

Street Fighter: The Movie

It's usually one of the first games that I play after hooking up my Sega Saturn.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » February 21st, 2015, 11:41 am

[QUOTE=Pimphand_Gamester][QUOTE=Rev]Fester's Quest
Friday the 13th

For the NES. I know that some people out there like these games but not a majority of gamers. I picked them up because of the AVGN but liked them a lot more than his character said he did (although one of his recent videos said that he actually does enjoy Friday the 13th).[/QUOTE]

I liked both of those back in the day. Fester's however I thought was more difficult than needed to be. Which also reminded me that I always loved Jaws. Many never liked it but I always thought it was a lot of fun, reminds me of Diver Boy at the arcades.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the game tends to be more fun for those who enjoy grinding in games. A lot of the first part of the game is all about collecting as many items as possible so you can make it through the later parts of the game in one go. It can take a good hour to beat the first boss while heavily grinding, but after that the rest of the game goes by much quicker. I think it is also one of the many NES games that require a turbo controller for more fun.

F13th is also fun and I like the different statistics of all the camp counselors, all the items you can get, and the day to night transitions. It also has a variety of different strategies you can employ to get to the end.

Return to “Video Games General”