Reasons to consider PC gaming this generation.

General and high profile video game topics.
Tron1

Postby Tron1 » March 30th, 2014, 12:00 pm

[QUOTE=Paul123][QUOTE=darkrage6]

Great another PC elitist post, just what this forum needed[rolleyes]

I don't know why you're so obsessed with forcing your opinions in everyone's faces.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap.  I thought Weallmissedme was absolutely mature and reasonable with his post.  I don't think he came of as elitist or forcing his opinion on anyone at all (how do you do that on an open forum where you aren't forced to read his post anyway?) 

Darkrage, your post was exactly what you claimed his was when it wasn't.  The thread was perfectly fine until you got involved.  He had nothing to do with it.

You should be embarrassed for yourself.  Seriously, how old are you, anyway? [/QUOTE]

True dat playa!

On topic... I got frustrated with PC once they started forcing codes and then online activation. I got pretty upset once my computer crashed and found out I couldn't play some of my games on my new computer.    

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » March 30th, 2014, 1:49 pm

Paul123-What exactly should I be embarassed about exactly?  Saying that i'm tired of this guy trying to convert everyone over to PC gaming?  There was nothing "mature" about that and I really don't see how there was anything at all wrong with my post whatsoever?

How old are YOU exactly?

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 30th, 2014, 3:21 pm

I noticed Steephen aka Weallmissedme was into Pc gaming, yet I don't think he's trying to convert everyone. He's just sharing his opinion, in a respectful manner, might I add. 
Of course, there are other ways to enjoy pcs as gaming machines. Throwing an heavily customed PC in my New Astro City arcade cab is one of my greatest achievements as a gamer. I should really post a couple of vids one of these days..

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » March 30th, 2014, 5:51 pm

I need to mention that this is NOT permanent. It's just this generation. I decided to try something new and I've grown fond of it. Maybe if I see a difference next generation, I'll decide to jump ship, if not, I'm staying. An Greisha, GFWL is games for windows live. Some games state you need a profile to save, actually, you need either on online OR offline profile. People tend to miss that.

Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » March 30th, 2014, 5:53 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]

Paul123-What exactly should I be embarassed about exactly?  Saying that i'm tired of this guy trying to convert everyone over to PC gaming?  There was nothing "mature" about that and I really don't see how there was anything at all wrong with my post whatsoever?

How old are YOU exactly?

[/QUOTE]

Go read it to your mom and have her explain it to you...

txsizzler1

Postby txsizzler1 » March 31st, 2014, 11:06 am

Myself, I am a PC Gamer through and through, and find that upgrades on the PC tend to be cheaper, and make gaming far more enjoyable, than the upfront cost of the console gaming, plus the frustration of using the controls (I personally find that keyboard/mouse use to be far more preferable).

That said, I do feel Darkrage has a point. Although I disagree with how he presented himself in his opening line (The PC Elitest coment), the rest of his statement was decent, and in many cases is true. Sut also makes a good point about the ease of just simply putting the disc in, and letting the console do its thing (including the god-awful patching/update process). Its just... easy.

Consoles now-days are more PC-like than ever. Look at the PS4.. it uses full AMD architecture, and is basically a PC from last year, with a GUI that is just set up for the console end of things. The XBone is no different. PC and Console gaming are closer than ever in terms of merging. That said, there will always be folks that enjoy the console gaming side (ease of use), while others will enjoy the PC gaming side (higher-end specs, versatility with options). I think its good we have both; I like having options!

Just my .02.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » March 31st, 2014, 2:25 pm

Glad someone agrees with me, maybe Stephen's post wasn't "elitist", but it did come across as somewhat self-serving and looking down upon those who *gasp* actually LIKE console gaming.

Paul123-You're post shows that you're not exactly "mature" yourself.

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » March 31st, 2014, 4:30 pm

My god darkrage, I never said I didn't like console gaming, never once did I consider it a shock. You take things out of hand. Perhaps it is aspergers syndrome? Making a big deal out of everything and feeling like everyone is out to get you?

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » March 31st, 2014, 4:31 pm

Nevermind. Can I vote a lock on this topic? I think it's run it's course and perhaps we should shut it down before it gets out of hand.

Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » April 1st, 2014, 10:15 pm

Me:  I really like the Wii U.  I think everyone should get one.

Darkrage:  Geez!  Stop forcing your opinions on everyone!  Just what we need, another Wii U elitist!

Return to “Video Games General”