New Forums Open for Business!

General and high profile video game topics.
scotland

Re: New Forums Open for Business!

Postby scotland » April 24th, 2015, 6:11 am

I was perusing the 'Reader Review' forum, and some of the oldest threads were empty once you opened them. Example:
viewtopic.php?f=38790&t=414
I had not noticed threads were only some of the posts migrated. Is it only threads or posts from several years back, or recent posts too? Its possible that some of the postings were lost in the migration due to formatting or some such issue.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 25th, 2015, 9:17 am

It's quite possible a lot of the older messages had migration/import issues. I may be able to revisit those at a later time. Thanks for the heads up.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 25th, 2015, 10:01 am

Thanks for pointing out it was the ad at the bottom of the page causing that!!
I removed it. Let's see if that fixes things.

Rev

Postby Rev » April 25th, 2015, 2:11 pm

The mobile site works fine now. Thanks.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » April 28th, 2015, 8:10 am

Now that the server issues seem to have been ironed out for the most part, any luck in figuring out a solution that allows established members to bypass the post approval process?

Tron

Postby Tron » April 28th, 2015, 8:43 pm

Atariboy wrote:Now that the server issues seem to have been ironed out for the most part, any luck in figuring out a solution that allows established members to bypass the post approval process?

Indubitably my good man. Tis a concern of utmost magnitude.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » May 7th, 2015, 2:22 am

Can you give the recognizable long term members the ability to post without moderation approval?

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 9th, 2015, 3:25 am

Been researching HDTV's around here. Anyways, looking at older threads, many seem to be screwed up. Take this one for instance.

viewtopic.php?f=5084&t=7889&hilit=HDTV#p82110

I know for a fact that I didn't create this topic, in fact as I recall, the Critic did. Yet my reply shows up as the first post?

Rev

Postby Rev » May 10th, 2015, 12:29 am

For possible new features for the site, would there be a possibility of adding a like button to posts? I know this seems kind of silly but sometimes a post isn't necessary but you still want to show your support. Would this be something easily implemented?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm

To respond to a few of these:

- I realize some of the old threads might be messed up, but really don't want to tinker with the old messages because whenever you mess with the database you risk widespread damage. I could fix one message and screw up things across the board.

- I am not familiar with a "like" feature for this board software (phpbb3) but then again, I'm still gradually learning all it has to offer. And I do upgrade the software when a new version is available.

- Currently the banner is hard-coded but it should be possible for me to cycle this like I do on the normal site. Still, it's kind of a low priority now, as I'm trying to make the site mobile-friendly for Google.

Thank you for your patience. I also plan to overall the color scheme at some point in time.

Return to “Video Games General”