Yooka-Laylee - A 3D Platformer Rare-vival!

General and high profile video game topics.
jon

Re: Yooka-Laylee - A 3D Platformer Rare-vival!

Postby jon » May 7th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Yea some 3d platformer that's so lame and corny it makes Banjo-Kazooie look like adult entertainment is going to do anything to shut me up. I'll keep waiting, like I have since 1992-1993 for a revolution in 2d gaming using the technology that's been suppressed. At least that would be something new. Anyone older than 6 who plays Yooka-***Lee should be ashamed of themselves. I feel embarrassed I even liked Banjo-Kazooie after seeing the crap these guys are rolling out.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » May 7th, 2015, 8:49 pm

jon wrote:Anyone older than 6 who plays Yooka-***Lee should be ashamed of themselves.

Why? In what way is it worse than your Space Squid vs. spaceman shooty bang-bang ship Jaguar demo?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » May 7th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Rev wrote:I like the idea of kickstarters a lot, but the main problem I have with them is that if it is a game, they never seem to release a physical copy of the game. Now we are at a place where games that were once available for download are no longer available in any form. I hate the idea that if I downloaded the game on my Wii U (or eventually a PS4, Xbox One), if that console ever dies I lose everything. I know this is a common complaint but I just don't see the appeal. We've already seen several games be removed from the download store that are no longer available. The sad part is that I wanted to play the games but now the only way to get it is to buy someone's used console that has the game on it.

Any digital game that's worth the breath required to utter its title is available *somewhere* online. Nothing is ever truly lost.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » May 7th, 2015, 9:07 pm

jon wrote:I feel embarrassed I even liked Banjo-Kazooie after seeing the crap these guys are rolling out.

Look at this, the new low we've officially reached:

We went from an ingrate that abused the hell out of his brand loyalty, to a scathing nag that is A-OK with toxic cynicism as long as it only involves 3D-Games.

GG Jon you are officially a mental kid.

GamingTheSystems

Postby GamingTheSystems » May 7th, 2015, 9:41 pm

jon wrote:So skilled programmers can go rogue and put this much effort into 3d platforming type game that's been pounded into the ground for years, and ask for our hard earned money nonetheless, but no one can do anything advanced with 2d since it basically got shelved in the mid 90s? Way to go guys.

I disagree with your assessment that 3D platforming has been pounded into the ground. Of all the games being released today, probably about .01% of them are 3D platformers. I'm hoping for a resurgence, and hopefully the success of this kickstarter will help make it happen. Keep in mind that Yooka-Laylee is in the early stages, so I wouldn't make such a quick judgement based on a few minutes of video.

Rev

Postby Rev » May 7th, 2015, 11:25 pm

So this thread has gone a bit off track. I appreciate everyone being so passionate about gaming but any posts not related to the main topic of this thread are going to be disapproved for right now. I'm just going to leave it at that until I can talk with the other mods. So if you're post wasn't approved, I'm sorry, but I didn't find it relevant to the main topic of the thread. I appreciate the feedback and it is being looked into. Please stay on topic. Thanks!

Return to “Video Games General”