Games that make you laugh

General and high profile video game topics.
Sut

Games that make you laugh

Postby Sut » May 28th, 2015, 5:32 am

I'm currently getting deep into GTAV and have found myself laughing out loud on a number of occasions especially with some of Trevor's dialogue.

I was sat thinking I can't remember the last time a game (intentionally) made me laugh like this. Probably not since Vice City.

So any games make you chuckle ?

LoganRuckman

Re: Games that make you laugh

Postby LoganRuckman » May 28th, 2015, 8:25 am

The Mario RPGs in general, but especially Mario And Luigi. And most especially Fawful. I have chortles!

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » May 28th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Definitely the Borderlands and Saints Row series, I also laughed quite a bit at Matt Hazzard.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » May 28th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Do the videos for Team Fortress 2 count? Because I love those. Portal also made me laugh. And from time to time, one of the notes of villagers in Animal Crossing says something way more funny than they have any right to. The Halo series also has a fair share of funny bits, both from the grunts and soldiers, as well as over the top 80s movie dialogue. I've caught myself laughing at that stuff from time to time.

In the "unintentionally funny" category, most other mature FPS games make me laugh or get sick to my stomach with their dialogue and stories.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » May 28th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Dead Rising is unintentionally funny due to the physics engine alone, especially the first game. Never thought a horror survival game would use Family Guy physics, same for the gore, it's ridiculous and hard to take seriously. :lol:

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » May 28th, 2015, 8:54 pm

I like mature FPS games, as they're comic relief is usually genuinely funny, like Duke Nukem Forever, I was laughing pretty hard at that game most of the time.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » May 28th, 2015, 11:24 pm

I also got some pretty big laughs out of both the Portal series and the various Mario RPGs. There was some really bizarre, amusing stuff in Psychonauts, in particular a level where you stomp around like a giant monster in a city populated by talking fish and another level where all the citizens of a town had been not-so-inconspicuously replaced by the Men In Black. Lollipop Chainsaw had some funny (and very vulgar) interplay between Juliet and her boyfriend (who had been reduced to a disembodied head); the English script was written by James Gunn, who wrote and/or directed Tromeo & Juliet, the Dawn of the Dead remake, Slither and Super before Marvel gave him the reins of the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. Last but not least, the Dog ending from Silent Hill 2 (and especially it's accompanying music) always gets a laugh from me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDcSeUvkOw

Voor

Postby Voor » May 29th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Road rash 64.

It's the first game I remember with "rag doll" physics--meaning when you crashed, your body flew and flailed all over the place. It was hilarious to see yourself rocket 100 feet in the air and then go into a fetal position on the way down.

Also, spraying guys with pepper spray, watching them drive off screen, and hearing a satisfying crunch when they nailed a stop sign was great too. Lol.

kaz321123

Postby kaz321123 » June 6th, 2015, 6:51 am

The very best most hilarious game is: Beyond Castle (Wolfenstein) for Apple 2.

The distorted sound effects, and general gameplay is hilarious. I don't even care if I'm 'meeting the objectives', I just like walking around hearing the hilariously distorted dialogue from the soliders.

Here's a rendition:

STOWWP BUMMBLEBEE (stop, come with me)
AWEEEEZZZSPICE!! (show me your pass).

Heil! Then you shoot them in the back, and they make this hilarious "dying rooster" sound!

WERSOLLLL!!! :p

kaz321123

Postby kaz321123 » June 6th, 2015, 6:53 am

I like when you flip to Trevor after a while, and he's always doing some random psychotic thing...

...wearing a dress, digging someone's grave, puking, or waking up with a bunch of dead people around, and being like 'it wasn't me!' :P

Return to “Video Games General”