Game Review Recommendations?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Game Review Recommendations?

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 19th, 2015, 12:48 pm

It's been a while since I've solicited suggestions for future game reviews.

What systems would you like me to focus on, and are there any titles in particular?

I do record all suggestions on my "wanted" list, which I prioritize from time to time. Since it's a big list, I can't promise I'll get to a particular game any time soon, but at least it will be on my radar.

Also, could make for some interesting discussion.

LoganRuckman

Re: Game Review Recommendations?

Postby LoganRuckman » June 19th, 2015, 1:59 pm

I've suggested this quite a bit already, but I am going to recommend Majora's Mask yet again. Critic, this game is a masterpiece, and IMO, I prefer it to Ocarina Of Time. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this game.

Also, I'd like to see some reviews of the main series Pokemon games, even if the RPG Critic does it.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » June 19th, 2015, 2:00 pm

Please review Tony Hawk Underground 2. And please review Tony Hawk American Wasteland. Thanks.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » June 19th, 2015, 2:35 pm

Final Fantasy VII. It's very timely given the unexpected announcement this E3.

If for no other reason, do it for the love of music, Critic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXs-Gpld_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6GrZYE2il0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NGDsnv34M

Voor

Postby Voor » June 19th, 2015, 2:44 pm

Freedom Fighters--Xbox/GC/PS2

It was a budget game that exceeded a lot of expectations. Lots of fun and easy to get in to

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » June 19th, 2015, 3:19 pm

If you feel like mining the PS2/Xbox/GC era for games to review...check out the following.

Armed and Dangerous (XBOX) - A third person shooter with insane weaponry and a very British sense of humor. This is a solid little time waster.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto (PS2) - Another game from Planet Moon Studios (they also made Armed and Dangerous). This is a port of a PC game that features a mismash of different genres. It's a third person shooter...a real time strategy game...a giant kaiju brawler! It's absurd and good.

Psi Ops (XBOX/PS2) - I've always been a fan of this 3rd person shooter with a healthy dose of telekinetic powers. It's not the most polished game ever made, but it's got some great action and the powers you acquire are a hoot. I know you like exploding barrels Critic...this game lets you toss people into them....WITH YOUR MIND!

Fable (Xbox) - The much ballyhooed action RPG for the original XBOX. I think it's a classic game. I love the whimsical, sort of British fantasy realm and the way people react to your hero. This is a game I return to once every few years or so. I love trying out a new character design. Basically, I'll go into the game with a type of character, say Evil Sorcerer, and only build my character so that it fits his story. I love how the game lets you do this. You have to force yourself to do it though, otherwise the game makes it very easy to become a jack of all trades who can dominate without much trouble. It's an interesting little sandbox to play around in for sure though.

Pikmin 2 (GC) - You've already reviewed Pikmin and Pikmin 3. Might be time to go back and check out this second entry!

jon

Postby jon » June 19th, 2015, 4:05 pm

Here's one I'd love to see reviewed:

1) Star Fighter (3do): It looks like this really shows off the system's 3d capabilities.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » June 19th, 2015, 4:41 pm

I would highly recommend you review the Saints Row series, given your love for GTA those games seem right up your alley, as they're even crazier and more over-the-top then that series.

I second Psi-Ops, Freedom Fighter and Armed and Dangerous, played all those on PC and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Max Payne 2 and 3- some of the best writing i've seen in a third-person shooter and some of the most thrilling gameplay.

If you like stealth, you should definitely check out the Hitman series, it's very fun to kill your target in all kinds of inventive ways.

Far Cry 4-Another exciting open-world game with tons to do, story isn't as good as the previous game but it's still quite interesting overall, and this time you get branching paths of sorts.

Another open world sandbox I would highly recommend is the True Crime series(and it's spiritual successor Sleeping Dogs), not as good as GTA but still quite fun, as this time around you play as a cop and have a karma meter based on what your actions are, which each have their own benefits.

One remake that I find highly underrated that you check out is the remake of NARC on PS2/Xbox(I imported the PC version myself), it has a unique mechanic of letting you take drugs for certain benefits(I.E. crack lets you kill enemies faster, Liquid Soul greatly increases your melee attack strength) and a crazy story with a lot of plot twists and some fun gameplay.

Some games i'd like to see you review just for laughs are Bad Boys: Miami Takedown and Ride to Hell: Retribution.

I'm also really surprised you have not reviewed Dead Space 2(given that you reviewed the first and third one), it has the perfect mix of action and horror and improves on the first game.

Since you liked Borderlands 2, I would recommend you check out the original Borderlands as well as the Pre-Sequel, original is light on story but has the same great gameplay as the second-game, and Pre-Sequel adds some interesting stuff like ice weapons and space related mechanics like zero gravity and oxygen.

Syndicate is a fun sci-fi shooter with a unique mechanic in the DART system, which leads to some intense boss fights.

Rev

Postby Rev » June 19th, 2015, 5:03 pm

I second Max Payne 2 and 3. You already have the first on Xbox. The second one is very cheap (I got mine for $5) and the third one I've seen at Gamestop in the $14.99 and under bin. Hell I think it is under $10 now as well.

I would also enjoy a FFVII review, simply because I've been putting in about an 1-2 every night for like a month. I can understand why you might not considering the main quest can be 30-35 hours if you run from point a to point b and skip all the side quests. Still, it would be interesting to read. Or hey maybe Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII or maybe Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. You might like Crisis Core considering it is a more action based game.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 20th, 2015, 6:29 am

I'd like to see a Dragon's Dogma review. I have a feeling you'd like it. It's got a big open world, but has much better fighting mechanics than Skyrim
I'd be interested in hearing what you had to say for FFVII, but since you're not a fan of RPGs I doubt you'd like it.

Return to “Video Games General”