Free DLC for Shovel Knight to be released on all platforms on September 17th

General and high profile video game topics.
velcrozombie

Free DLC for Shovel Knight to be released on all platforms on September 17th

Postby velcrozombie » September 9th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, a free update to Shovel Knight that allows you to play a new, remixed version of the game as Plague Knight and which includes a series of challenge maps, will be available on all platforms of September 17th. The only catch is that you can't access the new content until you complete the original game (although Yacht Club Games will be offering a special code to those who have lost their save data or switched platforms). Check out this page for more info, plus a trailer:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/plagu ... ease-date/

Atarifever

Re: Free DLC for Shovel Knight to be released on all platforms on September 17th

Postby Atarifever » September 16th, 2015, 11:42 am

velcrozombie wrote:Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, a free update to Shovel Knight that allows you to play a new, remixed version of the game as Plague Knight and which includes a series of challenge maps, will be available on all platforms of September 17th. The only catch is that you can't access the new content until you complete the original game (although Yacht Club Games will be offering a special code to those who have lost their save data or switched platforms). Check out this page for more info, plus a trailer:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/plagu ... ease-date/

I'm finally playing through this on Wii U, so this is perfect timing for me. I think this may be the best new franchise in 20 years, from anyone. I cannot get over how good this one is.

For anyone not aware, there are a lot (like A LOT) of PS1 era type cheat codes for this one that also gives it some extra legs.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/shovel-knight/Cheat_Codes

Paul Campbell

Re: Free DLC for Shovel Knight to be released on all platforms on September 17th

Postby Paul Campbell » September 17th, 2015, 7:54 pm

I consider Shovel Knight to be the best all around game I've played in at least the last decade. It has almost ruined gaming for me because I had such an absolute blast playing it that everything since then has paled in comparison when it comes to absolute fun factor.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » September 18th, 2015, 3:48 am

Paul Campbell wrote:I consider Shovel Knight to be the best all around game I've played in at least the last decade. It has almost ruined gaming for me because I had such an absolute blast playing it that everything since then has paled in comparison when it comes to absolute fun factor.

I agree, Shovel Knight was fantastic. However, I dunno about the Plague Knight add-on... I played it for about an hour, and I still find this new character a lot harder to control... even a bit frustrating.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » September 18th, 2015, 5:08 am

Paul Campbell wrote:I consider Shovel Knight to be the best all around game I've played in at least the last decade. It has almost ruined gaming for me because I had such an absolute blast playing it that everything since then has paled in comparison when it comes to absolute fun factor.

It really is an especially great game. One of the very few 2D throwbacks that pays homage to the past, without feeling like it's just repeating it. This game would have been considered great in 1992 (even if it were toned down a little to adjust for technology of the time), and it is just as incredible now.

Return to “Video Games General”