Fall Gaming?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Fall Gaming?

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 12th, 2015, 8:45 pm

It's time to finish up the summer games and focus on the Fall. Here are some of the games I'm starting in on:

Madden 16
NCAA Gamebreaker (PS1/PS2)
Bloodbourne PS4
Haunting Ground (PS2)
Until Dawn PS4

Also enjoying replaying Grabbed by the Ghoulies on my Rare Replay disc.

What games do you have lined up for the Fall? Any recommendations?

Hardcore Sadism

Re: Fall Gaming?

Postby Hardcore Sadism » September 13th, 2015, 12:28 am

Life is Strange (kind of though maybe not) teeters between the end of summer and beginning of the fall solstice, so far the narrative-intensive gameplay has an interesting learning curve based on how well you pay attention to details. It's decently flexible despite having tones similar to Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy. It doesn't exactly lay low on challenging aspects because even good choices can hash out terribly in the long run.

Kevin Bates', project founder of the Arduboy (Arduino Based) ultra thin gaming handheld, is going to release units this October for those who backed over 35$. It's a spiffy, cute little gaming machine that pulls off the Game Boy look well. If anyone's making an all-digital gaming machine, might as well do it ultra thin and focus on retro games.

Color Variants:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/20 ... c14052b7fd

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 13th, 2015, 1:14 pm

I nominate The Evil Within (PS4, Xbox One). It's a solid successor to Resident Evil 4 that does little to change the formula but doesn't really suffer for it. There are a few minor gripes and annoyances but overall it's a good B-tier survival horror/action title.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » September 13th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Nintendo of America will prevent you from celebrating Halloween with any of the most recent entries in this series, but you've never reviewed Fatal Frame 3. This PS2 exclusive, the last before Nintendo got their claws on this franchise, is a fine game and doesn't go for an outrageous amount of money.

Would be an ideal choice to review just in time for October 31st.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 15th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Good idea about Fatal Frame 3! I'm all over it.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » September 16th, 2015, 5:03 am

DEMON'S SOULS

Dave, it's time.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » September 16th, 2015, 8:14 am

Gentlegamer wrote:DEMON'S SOULS

Dave, it's time.

Isn't Bloodbourne filling that same need with fixes to the speed and interface?

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » September 16th, 2015, 4:13 pm

Atarifever wrote:

Dave, it's time.

Start the series at the beginning, with the modern classic origin.

Umbasa.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 16th, 2015, 8:09 pm

Gentlegamer wrote:
Atarifever wrote:

Dave, it's time.

Start the series at the beginning, with the modern classic origin.

Umbasa.

Yes, Umbasa!

jon

Postby jon » September 16th, 2015, 10:44 pm

It's interesting that NCAA Gamebreaker is being mentioned because I thought the first one on the PS1 was good. It was one of the first college football games (if not the first) to have top 25 rankings. And I remember NCAA Football '99 and '01 being good games on the PS1 also, with the dynasty mode and recruiting, which again was probably one of the first. But, and this is the problem with the PS1, to think about going back and playing games like NCAA Football '99 and '01 is just depressing, with the terrible graphics and load times. Because there are some sports games like those and Triple Play '97 and '98 that are a little noteworthy, those games had realistic shots zooming into all of the MLB stadiums that was fantastic at the time. They had a great home run derby. But the gameplay especially nowadays is really laughable and a probable waste of time. But just for the stadium shots and home run derby those games are noteworthy to me. I think '98 was better with the home run derby. To me that is one of the PS1's defining moments, but to spend a significant amount of time on actual gameplay, probably not worth it.

Return to “Video Games General”