Review Crew Status?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Review Crew Status?

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 14th, 2015, 12:02 am

I haven't looked at all the threads on the Review Crew forum but it appears to be stagnated since October 1st. Anybody want to provide some insight and suggest what changes can be made to keep it going? Should we let more people participate or just open it up to everybody? Writing RPG reviews is hard. Thoughts??

SigSauerLover

Re: Review Crew Status?

Postby SigSauerLover » October 14th, 2015, 12:52 am

Perhaps you should have an amnesty period for more people to join.

Also, have you considered a PC review crew? I don't play many PC games, but I could contribute some for the games I play!

nesfan

Postby nesfan » October 14th, 2015, 5:45 am

I can't speak for everyone involved but I haven't been very active on any of the forums lately because I've been busy working stage crew for a play at my college for the past few weeks and haven't had any time for anything else. Now the show is over and mid-terms are over. So I am going to have a lot more free time now. I plan on writing up a review for Pier Solar sometime this week.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » October 14th, 2015, 9:19 am

I've just been super busy with work these past weeks and haven't had time to hash out a review. I do have some in the works though.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » October 16th, 2015, 2:06 am

This is the first time I have heard anything about the Review Crew. Must have been absent that day...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 16th, 2015, 6:07 pm

If anybody is interested in writing RPG reviews for the site let me know and I'll give you access to the super secret RPG Crew forum where the reviews incubate (in theory).

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » October 20th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Would I have to regularly post RPG reviews if I were to join the Review Crew? Right now I'm playing through Sweet Home, an RPG for the Famicom (though I imagine posting it as an NES review would be fine as long as I pointed out it was Japan-exclusive). I don't normally play RPGs, but this game appeals to me by trimming much of the fat of typical RPGs and mixing the remaining elements of the genre with survival horror, making it perfect for a Halloween review.

I ask if I would have to post RPG reviews on a regular basis because, as mentioned, I don't play many RPGs. I do think it would be interesting to tackle this one from that perspective, though, since this is an exception to the rule.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 20th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Members of the review crew are not required to write or post anything. They just have the opportunity to post their rough drafts on the Review Crew forum for comments and vetting.

I just added you eneuman96

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 28th, 2015, 3:47 pm

If you're still taking new members, I can rewrite a few of my RPG reviews to be more like the Critic's style.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 28th, 2015, 8:16 pm

Okay you should be in.

Return to “Video Games General”