What reviews do you get excited about?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

What reviews do you get excited about?

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 4th, 2016, 6:21 pm

I post reviews for a wide range of systems, from obscure vintage to bleeding edge. I'd be curious to know what console's reviews you personally get most excited about when you see them posted on the site.

Sut

Re: What reviews do you get excited about?

Postby Sut » February 4th, 2016, 7:39 pm

For me anything that hasn't got much coverage elsewhere.
Your second generation game reviews brought me to the site and I think they are a great strength.

I also enjoy game reviews for the more obscure systems I'm unfamiliar with. The only ones I tend to skip are American sports game reviews or your more modern reviews. I come for the retro stuff.

1). 2nd Gen stuff not reviewed elsewhere
2). Any Sega reviews (I'm a massive Sega fan)
3). Obscure system game reviews

My top 3 reviews I get excited about.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 4th, 2016, 11:07 pm

My favorites are for consoles I own and games I've played or know about. The first gives me ideas for games I might want in the future, and the second lets me compare my opinions to yours.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » February 5th, 2016, 12:55 am

I found this site looking for Genesis reviews, and they get the most excitement out of me. But I've discovered that N64 and Dreamcast games are close!

scotland

Postby scotland » February 5th, 2016, 7:00 am

Sut wrote: I come for the retro stuff.

The modern stuff is fun and sparks debate and always keeps The Critic plugged into modern gaming, but its the older stuff I like. The internet is awesome, but things from before the internet are often in need of attention and recognition unless they were really popular.

I enjoy reviews of games and homebrews of pre-internet systems. The less popular the system, the less information on those games are out there, and the more this site shines.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » February 5th, 2016, 1:16 pm

I love when you review 6th gen stuff. The 6th gen was the last great generation in gaming, and I love hearing your thoughts on some of the best (or worst) games of that generation.

jon

Postby jon » February 5th, 2016, 4:45 pm

I get most excited about games from 1993-1995 because that was when things were the most interesting to me. It could be any system, but certainly mostly the Jaguar, 3do, and Neo Geo.

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » February 5th, 2016, 5:40 pm

I came here for the 2600 reviews, but have since picked up a ColecoVision and a 7800 so those are the reviews I enjoy most. However, I do enjoy reading Dave's witty reviews of other systems as well!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » February 5th, 2016, 10:51 pm

I enjoy all the reviews. But like many others I am most interested in reviews from the 2600 to the PS1. The newer reviews are great but I really enjoy the retro stuff.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » February 7th, 2016, 8:07 am

I enjoy all the reviews, but I stand by something I believe that I have stated or implied in the past; that the critic sometimes has difficulty separating his 'views of 'modern consoles' from his 'reviews of 'modern games'.

Of course, don't think I am criticizing the critic for publically stating his views of any element of gaming past, present or future and reading and discussing them is another great point of this website. I understand and agree with many of them.

Return to “Video Games General”