Games so bad you have to shut it off

General and high profile video game topics.
Gentlegamer

Re: Games so bad you have to shut it off

Postby Gentlegamer » September 20th, 2018, 6:22 am

Matchstick wrote:
Herschie wrote:We can add Hydlide for the NES to this list. I admit, the only reason I actually played was because of Angry Video Game Nerd, but holy hell, this game is awful!

Give Virtual Hydlide a go on the Sega Saturn... if you dare! Muahahahahaha :twisted:

Broken Pixels - Virtual Hydlide

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » September 29th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Kiss pinball. I have been Kiss fan for 40 years and then I played this. The worst game ever. Played it once and turned it off.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » September 30th, 2018, 10:27 am

I will add Battle Monsters for the Saturn to this list. I ended up using that disc as a drink coaster. It didn't even work well for that.

zetax

Postby zetax » September 30th, 2018, 6:45 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:Kiss pinball. I have been Kiss fan for 40 years and then I played this. The worst game ever. Played it once and turned it off.

This reminded me of the Dreamcast game Kiss: Psycho Circus. Holy crap...what a cluster... Not fun, clunky, never got very far into it because I just gave up.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » September 30th, 2018, 7:37 pm

zetax wrote:This reminded me of the Dreamcast game Kiss: Psycho Circus. Holy crap...what a cluster... Not fun, clunky, never got very far into it because I just gave up.

Huh. I've actually heard good things about that one... but I also know that it was made by people from the Daikatana development team.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » September 30th, 2018, 9:56 pm

There's been a few games that were so bad that I literally had to physically restrain myself from hitting the off switch on and throwing said game out a window. But one game in particular that comes to mind that I could never sit down and play through because of it's inherent terribleness was Wayne Gretzky Hockey for the NES. Now, the Great one is rightfully considered one of the greatest players to ever lace 'em up. But this game was just God awful atrocious. The graphics are minimal at best, and the game play suffers because of this. And when you take into account that passing and shooting were both the same button, that just made an already borderline unplayable game even more unplayable. It's easily one of the worst sports titles named after a famous athlete to ever exist, and the mere mentioning of it leaves such a foul taste in my mouth that can only be washed out with several playthroughs of Blades of Steel. Which would have been a far better game to affix Wayne Gretzky's name to imho....

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » October 1st, 2018, 12:41 pm

PowerSlave on Playstation. Need I say more? This version may have better controls than the Saturn version but it's just too hard..

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » October 1st, 2018, 8:30 pm

AVGN Adventures.

It's nothing but trial and error BS. It's not even remotely fun. Only the most rabid fans of the horribly unfunny nerd could find this funny. If they love bad videos, they'll love a bad video game!

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » October 2nd, 2018, 4:24 pm

Beetlejuice for the NES. I did manage to play through it the first time I sat down to play it. But subsequent attempts to do so have always ended in me turning the thing off. Just a very messy and sloppily executed game all around.

The sad thing about it, is that this could have been a really good game in the right hands, given how amazing the Tim Burton movie and cartoon series were. But once again, LJN dropped the ball by giving it to folks who clearly had no idea on how to properly develop a good platformer. The jumping controls are so floaty and imprecise that it's nearly impossible to hit your mark when jumping from platform to platform. And the overall gameplay just reeks of confusion. Take these two factors and you get a game that's way too frustrating and just way too hard to deal with. You have to have the patience of a thousand saints to make your way through this one, and quite frankly, I just don't have it in me to sit down and play it anytime soon. :x

Oh, and before anyone asks. I didn't stomp on the cart like the AVGN did when he reviewed it a few years ago :D .

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » October 2nd, 2018, 4:38 pm

Rise of the Robots (Sega Genesis) - I can control it, but the fun disappears within seconds.
Also, Stormrise (Xbox 360) - I love RTS game on the X360 (Supreme Commander, Command & Conquer etc.), but this one is unplayable. I just don't get it.

Return to “Video Games General”