Games so bad you have to shut it off

General and high profile video game topics.
lynchie137

Re: Games so bad you have to shut it off

Postby lynchie137 » October 21st, 2018, 9:24 pm

After perusing through some of The Critic's reviews for the NES, I have stumbled upon another game that I just can't play through. And that one, ladies and gents, would be Godzilla for the NES. Now truth be told, I've never heard of this game until I watched the AVGN's review of it in one of his videos. Which in turn, compelled me to try it out for myself just to see if he was correct in his assessment of it. And boy, was he ever! Godzilla is just so mind numbingly repetitive and boring that it feels like an endurance test just to finish one battle. So I can only imagine what it must be like to sit down and play this one through to the bitter end.

lynchie137

Re: Games so bad you have to shut it off

Postby lynchie137 » October 21st, 2018, 9:29 pm

Voor wrote:
lynchie137 wrote:Surprised to see that nobody has mentioned the Swordquest series of games yet.

I don’t think those are really games. Just a means to play that crazy contest. That’s one of my favorite moments in video game history

Oh, it sounded like a cool contest. No question about it. I mean, who'd pass up a chance to win prizes made of actual precious metals and stones? I know I wouldn't if I was a gamer back in the day. It's such a shame that the actual games were just pure junk imho..

Return to “Video Games General”