What games have you found disturbing?

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

What games have you found disturbing?

Postby matmico399 » February 18th, 2016, 7:04 pm

I'm not talking scary, unless it was a really disturbing scary scene to you.

PS2's Manhunt to me is a very disturbing game. You are saved from death row while you must kill every "hunter" out to get you from gaining your freedom again. And the fact that it's all filmed by a sick bastard who gets his jollies while you kill on film is a pretty disgusting concept for a game in general. And if you ever make it to the end that sick crap should have gotten it worse!!!!! BUT, I have to admit it is fun. Maybe I should check with a psyche doctor?! Manhunt 2 was lame.

RE4. The game itself I didn't find disturbing as it is survival horror. But those creatures that go "hu hu hu" and shoot their spikes into your body are absolutely nightmarish. Still my fave game of all time.

I have found a new disturbing game. I went to a retro store today and picked up NES Adventures In The Magic Kingdom. It is a fun platformer and I am generally not into those types of games. But with the Magic Kingdom I have enjoyed it quite a bit. No Mickey Mouse is not disturbing! =)

But I also picked up Shell Shocked 2 on the 360. This game is disturbing as hell. It got pretty low ratings but I couldn't resist the price and I didn't have a Vietnam War game yet. It is creepy as all get out. When you sweep a village or small town you can hear infants crying in a nearby hut. It gave me the chills. And Viet Cong pop out all over the place with knives to your throat. The violence is very extreme and blood is everywhere. Some of the images are so gruesome they are just creepy as hell. This game is intriguing but I'm not sure I will finish it. It almost feels like too much. I never thought I would say that about a FPS, but this one has almost pushed me to my limits.

What games have you all found disturbing or uncomfortable?

Rev

Re: What games have you found disturbing?

Postby Rev » February 18th, 2016, 9:27 pm

I found the SKyrim mod where you play as Villager very disturbing. He looks so soulless and evil. Here is a link if you're interested. Nothing like a NIntendo character going all mass murderer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dw4jpyaWLc

JWK

Postby JWK » February 19th, 2016, 1:48 pm

Corpse Party for PSN (digital PSP/Vita) is quite disturbing. The graphics are very 16-bit and childish, but the environment, anime stills and story can be very shocking. Luckily, it's done in a way that's still palatable. It's a great adventure game to boot.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » February 19th, 2016, 4:45 pm

I like in Dante's Inferno when you splatter the weird hell babies all over the wall. That game sucked, but some of the visuals were pretty horrid.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 19th, 2016, 5:05 pm

I had mentioned last month that the eye-gouging scene in the latest Tomb Raider was disturbing.
Also, there was some weird stuff in House of the Dead Overdrive.
VGC

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » February 19th, 2016, 6:02 pm

While nowhere near as good as the first Obscure, Obscure 2 I found to be much more disturbing, especially the very graphic suicide at the end.

There have been quite a few Silent Hill creatures that I felt were very disturbing too.

jon

Postby jon » February 23rd, 2016, 5:15 pm

I'm old fashioned, and never thought extreme profanity like that found in the Grand Theft Auto series had a welcome place in video games. I love blowing stuff up and being a bad ass, but the line got crossed in my opinion. To think something vulgar like GTA could be a young kid's introduction to video games, that's not something I like.

Fingers dripping ink

Postby Fingers dripping ink » February 24th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Hey matmico99, thanks for the tip re: Shell Shock 2. I'm going to pick that up for my PS3.

Might I suggest Kagero: Deception 2 for the PS1? I love it but it's pretty effed up.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » March 8th, 2016, 2:59 pm

In Action 52 on the NES, there's a game called "Non-Human". Man, those faces on the bottom of the screen! Google it if you want nightmares.

Return to “Video Games General”