Your most valuable games

General and high profile video game topics.
Gleebergloben123

Your most valuable games

Postby Gleebergloben123 » April 13th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Hi all,

What games do you own that can be sold for a pretty penny? And are there any games that you own that are surprisingly valuable?

In the 'Classic Gaming' forum, there's a thread about Chrono Trigger, and the poster made a comment that he could not afford the SNES version. I figured Chrono Trigger could be had for relatively cheap. I have the game and the instructions (still looking for the box), and was stunned to find out a boxed SNES Chrono Trigger is selling for as much as $400! That's just cray-cray.

Sut

Re: Your most valuable games

Postby Sut » April 13th, 2016, 4:23 pm

I've a couple of £100+ games

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)

Knuckles Chaotix (32x)
Motherbase (32x)
Both of these aren't too bad in the US but in PAL land they are expensive and not region free.

Snatcher (Mega CD)

Think Shining Force 3 is picking up in price as well along with House of the Dead (both Saturn).

JWK

Postby JWK » April 13th, 2016, 5:46 pm

I have a handful of retro games that hover around that $80 - 100 range: Valkyrie Profile (PS1), Yakuza 2 (PS2), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN), Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii), Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii), Lunar 1 & 2 (PS1), Megaman Legends (PS1), Final Fantasy VII - black label (PS1), Chibi Robo (GCN), Baiten Kaitos Origins (GCN), Ikaruga (GCN), a few others. I'd have to look at my collection to say exactly what else. I don't have a single ultra-rare game, just a bunch of moderately valuable ones that I really wanted to own and play. I only buy games I really want to play over and over; I only buy games I'll like.

One game I'm currently on the lookout for is Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS1). I really blew my chance to own this for $40 or so a few years ago. Now, even with the Wii remake and availability on PSN for $6, it's a whopping $200 used, complete. I still want to own it, as it's an awesome game, but I'm gonna have to be patient.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » April 13th, 2016, 5:57 pm

Snatcher Sega CD - I had no idea it went up that much. I just checked. I'm not so sure the Buy It Now price is it's actual worth though.

Any one know how to see what price it actually sells for on eBay typically? I may want to sell it. :)

My copy of Metal Wolf Chaos for the Japanese Xbox has gone up quite a bit as well.

Luckily, I've got a lot of my original SNES games CIB, such as, Super Metroid. It looks like those have gone up a bit as well.

Rev

Postby Rev » April 13th, 2016, 7:06 pm

I have quite a few games over the $100 mark, pretty much all the hidden gems for the SNES are $100+ as well as quite a few Turbografx games. Here are the games I'd probably consider my most valuable.

Sega CD:
Keio Flying Squadron ($750+)
Snatcher ($500+)

Saturn:
Hyper Dual ($400)
Panzer Dragoon Saga ($550+)
Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru ($500+)

SNES:
Hagane ($400+)

Turbografx:
Coryoon ($400+)
Dynastic Hero ($500+)
Sapphire ($500+)
Terraforming ($500+)

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 13th, 2016, 7:38 pm

My friend Scott pointed out that my complete copy of Legend of Hero Tonma (Turbografx) goes for over $1000 and I was astonished.

That's the thing about classic games - it's hard to predict how their value will change. Sometimes I come across a game I've had for a long time that's going for hundreds of bucks on ebay, and I can't believe it.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » April 13th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Truxton complete in box. (Genesis)

Mega Turrican w/ box. (Genesis)

Contra Hard Corps w/ box. (Genesis)

Sagaia w/ box (Genesis)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors complete in box, but not the best condition. (SNES)

Ninja Gaiden III loose cart. (NES)

I believe I only paid like $5 each for the first five. I got them close to fifteen years ago from a video store that was getting rid of them. I recently paid $40 for NGIII and it's already shot up in price since then.

SilveryFire

Postby SilveryFire » April 13th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Things are only worth what other people pay for them. See alot of dreaming and fantasy prices.

Nothing valuable in my collection. Just some videogames for entertainment purposes.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » April 14th, 2016, 1:43 am

SilveryFire wrote:Things are only worth what other people pay for them. See alot of dreaming and fantasy prices.

Good lord. Do you have to be a wet blanket in every thread that you participate in?

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » April 14th, 2016, 4:14 am

I don't see fantasy prices here this is what these games are selling for. Learn to ebay.

When i see a game I own break $200 I sell them. No game is worth that much to keep to me.

My current most valuable games are...

Musha CIB genesis. I also own every ntsc Genesis shmup cib.

Steel battalion controller CIB XBOX with both games.

Jurassic Park operation genesis XBOX gem mint cib.

I also have a slew of gem mint still have plastic on boxes with hang tabs for about 30 popular NES and SNES games.

Best deal I ever swung was I bought a duck tales 2 nes for $5 and traded it for A JVC x-eye game console. I use this to play my Genesis games and robo alesta sega cd.

I also have about 5 turbo grafx cd games worth about $100+ each.

My most valuable saturn game is msx treasures Japan import

Return to “Video Games General”