Most Worthless Console You have Ever Owned?

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

Re: Most Worthless Console You have Ever Owned?

Postby matmico399 » September 23rd, 2016, 6:29 pm

Not the PS2?! :shock:

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 24th, 2016, 6:34 am

Scotland the fire is great for streaming. Plus it has a great free to play asteroids clone retroids which can be played using the remote. I hear the fire stick is somewhat underpowered just like the game stick so if you want the extra umph that another gig of on board ram gives the fire box is your choice of streaming device.

I have a roku type device as well but it only streams in 720 p when as fire tv does 1080 p and supposedly does 4k. I have not tried that out as I do not have 4k

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » September 24th, 2016, 8:08 am

I'd have to say the 32x add-on for the Sega Genesis, people rag on the Sega CD for having reliability issues but when I've read more success stories about the first generation CD player the buyer's remorse kicked in.

People say the Colecovision has sketchy wiring and power adapters, but if you've ever tried to set up the 32X on an original Genesis it's just broken. Those RF shield clips are the worst thing I've ever finagled with since trying to eject a CD out of a broken PS2 disc drive. Not to mention no matter what fresh cable I've used for picture, the 32X always had this awful brown-gray noise that ruined even decent titles.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » September 24th, 2016, 12:47 pm

I'd give the award for most worthless console to the Lynx. Most of the games aren't very fun to play. Despite being really powerful, and producing gorgeous graphics and scaling, few of the games are worth playing.

djc

Postby djc » September 24th, 2016, 3:44 pm

When I first read this, I was originally going to list either the Jaguar or Saturn but I do have a few really enjoyable games for both of those systems.

For me, it has to be the Ouya. Every time I give it a chance, I walk away thinking there are almost no redeeming qualities to it.

-DJ

scotland

Postby scotland » September 24th, 2016, 6:58 pm

I considered the Ouya, and was hoping it would find a niche. I guess in retrospect, it just really does not have that niche.

Tron

Postby Tron » September 24th, 2016, 7:54 pm

Robotrek wrote:I'd give the award for most worthless console to the Lynx. Most of the games aren't very fun to play. Despite being really powerful, and producing gorgeous graphics and scaling, few of the games are worth playing.

If we're counting portables then I'd say the most worthless is the original Gameboy. Even when it came out the ugly green and brown colors were so hard to see. As a kid the only good thing about it was that they would someday come out with a Gameboy that was in color. I couldn't believe how well it sold and even worse how long it took them to finally come out with Gameboy Color.

djc

Postby djc » September 24th, 2016, 8:25 pm

If we're counting portables, I'd give the nod to the Game.com. It's a shame because if it had an actual usable screen, it would probably be a pretty good system. Unfortunately the blurry screen renders it unplayable in virtually all scenarios. A close second to me would be the N-Gage. The Lynx is worlds better than either of those.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 27th, 2016, 11:33 am

scotland wrote:I considered the Ouya, and was hoping it would find a niche. I guess in retrospect, it just really does not have that niche.

If it is anything like the gamestick it will be absolutely worthless. though i still have a soft spot for the gs.. I always looked at the ouya and thought it just does not look right..

Remember fire tv...

brendand

Postby brendand » September 27th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Oops forgot one its that bad that most people have never heard of it I got one in a games bundle a few years back it's completely useless due to online servers being shutdown forever lol https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Jet

Return to “Video Games General”