Top 10 Halloween Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
scotland

Re: Top 10 Halloween Games?

Postby scotland » October 18th, 2016, 6:55 am

matmico399 wrote:Scotland if you enjoyed Bram Stoker's Dracula on the Genesis, which I didn't care for, You will be blown away by the Sega CD version. I don't have many Sega CD games but that one is in my collection.

Thanks, I'll check it out! My Sega CD has not been hooked up of late, so maybe its time to rotate the setup a bit.

I may like the game as I compared it Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, which I think is a really bad effort at making a game. Maybe there is something about Frankenstein I am missing, but getting killed by falling pots and villagers with pitchforks is annoying and unenjoyable. I much prefer Bram Stoker's Dracula. Yes, its got a lot of Castlevania vibe to it, but in this case, those are all just classic horror elements and Castlevania cannot lay claim to being original in its theme or atmospheric content as it draws from movie adaptations of Dracula of course.

Metalbeard

Postby Metalbeard » October 23rd, 2016, 8:07 am

Luigi & Peach wrote:
Metalbeard wrote:A good game I like to play around this time of year is Ghost Master for the PC. Just found out there is a PS2 version
Ghost Master: The Gravenville Chronicles. Don`t know how good that one is.

I second Ghost Master for the PC. Stumbled across that gem a decade or so ago. I wonder how the gameplay translates to the PS2.

I don't know but I'm afraid to look. :D

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » October 23rd, 2016, 12:33 pm

Most of the good stuff has been mentioned so I'm not going to bother with a list, but I wanted to give a shout-out to Shadows of the Damned as a fun Halloween game. It's admittedly a B or C game, but it has a lot of fun ideas and a sense of camp and absurdity to go with the scares - as does Lollipop Chainsaw (by the same creator).

As much as I love the Silent Hill games and as appropriate to this time of the year as they first seem on the surface, it's hard for me to see them as Halloween games - they are essentially about ruined lives and coming to grips with sorrow and regret, things that are a little too heavy for a time of year where everyone is supposed to be having a good time.

Return to “Video Games General”