Christmas Loot

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Christmas Loot

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 26th, 2016, 11:00 am

Anybody get an NES Classic for Christmas?

I did not, but I did get the big hard-cover Art of Atari books.
This is the kind of book I love. Not much text but big colorful pictures. And this thing is massive
Not only does it talk about the cover art (mainly for the 2600 games) but also promotional material and info about the design and development of the consoles themselves. Recommended.

Voor

Re: Christmas Loot

Postby Voor » December 26th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Me neither. Almost every day I hear rumors that Best Buy of GameStop has some coming, but they're never true. Even if they were, I'm not going through the trouble of waiting in line again. Just gonna order one online eventually....or not.

May end up picking up a Xbox or Switch instead.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » December 26th, 2016, 6:53 pm

I didn't get any games this Christmas. This year was a "practical Christmas" for me, lol. I got a new indoor grill, a new toaster oven, and a book I've been wanting, but not much else in the way of toys and games. Oh well, if they're gonna buy me stuff I need, that just leaves me more money to buy stuff I want!

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » December 26th, 2016, 8:39 pm

I got Metal Mech for NES and F-117 for Sega from a secret santa. My girlfriend got me a pixelated Link shirt. I got me a Wii for $6 at a thrift store and loaded it with roms. Forget that NES mini thing. Not a bad Christmas if you ask me.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » December 26th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Got an all-time classic beat 'em up: final fight for SNES.

Also got the ultimate action triple pack for ps3. Sleeping Dogs, Just cause 2, and Tomb Raider all on one disc!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 26th, 2016, 9:22 pm

I finally joined the current gaming generation and bought myself a PS4 as a "Christmas gift". Maybe I'm becoming "old", but like the VGC, I'm already annoyed about all the mandatory installs and the fact that everything is forced online. So far it feels more like a Facebook account than a gaming system. I also got NBA 2K17... and I feel like I liked my last NBA game a lot more (NBA 2K11 for the 360)...

From my girlfriend I got a couple games as stocking stuffers. Knowing that I like weird games, she got me Lost Luggage for Atari 2600 and Wall Street Kid for NES.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 27th, 2016, 12:41 am

I got a sealed copy of Drill Dozer that I haven't had the heart to open yet. I'll probably take a picture first.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 27th, 2016, 2:34 am

I got MS Office. I am really happy with that.

Also I got Titan Fall 2 which the critic thinks is good so that will be worth a look.

Plus I got the resident evil collection of 0 and 1.

Lastly my bro is gonna try and get me Dead rising 4.

So a good Christmas for me.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » December 27th, 2016, 12:42 pm

I didn't get much in the way of gaming: a $20 eshop card and that was it. Other than that, I got the Camelbak that I really wanted, along with a new hair dryer, an electric grill, and a knife. I may spend some of my own money on the Bioshock Collection.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » December 27th, 2016, 1:40 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:I didn't get much in the way of gaming: a $20 eshop card and that was it. Other than that, I got the Camelbak that I really wanted, along with a new hair dryer, an electric grill, and a knife. I may spend some of my own money on the Bioshock Collection.

Ahhh, to be young and have hair. :lol:

Gaming related I got the Atari Vol 1. game for the PS4. With Sony's flash sale I picked up Titanfall 2. With a gift card I'll probably get the Sega Saturn thingamajig that lets me play back up games.

Return to “Video Games General”