Worst Game Titles?

General and high profile video game topics.
snakeboy

Re: Worst Game Titles?

Postby snakeboy » January 18th, 2017, 11:07 pm

Lightening Force (Sega Genesis): Notice that the name is not LIGHTNING Force - as in the bolts of electricity that shoot through the sky - but rather LIGHTEN-ing Force - as in "make or become lighter in weight, pressure, or severity," or "make or become more cheerful or less serious."

Not exactly a badass name for a shoot-em-up.

Rev

Postby Rev » January 19th, 2017, 12:41 pm

snakeboy wrote:Lightening Force (Sega Genesis): Notice that the name is not LIGHTNING Force - as in the bolts of electricity that shoot through the sky - but rather LIGHTEN-ing Force - as in "make or become lighter in weight, pressure, or severity," or "make or become more cheerful or less serious."

Isn't this Thunder Force 4 anyway? Not only is it a terrible name for the spelling, but they changed the title of the game so fans of the series wouldn't even know it was the sequel to the previous games. Absolutely terrible...

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 19th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Bronkie the Bronchiasaurus
Cyberdillo
Immercenary
PaTaank
Risky Woods
Shaq Fu
Silent Debuggers
Sol-Feace
Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy
Zombi U

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 20th, 2017, 9:44 am

Oh, there's also Tank! Tank! Tank! Could the title be a little more descriptive, please? I think it's a lawn mowing simulator.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » January 20th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Rev wrote:
snakeboy wrote:Lightening Force (Sega Genesis): Notice that the name is not LIGHTNING Force - as in the bolts of electricity that shoot through the sky - but rather LIGHTEN-ing Force - as in "make or become lighter in weight, pressure, or severity," or "make or become more cheerful or less serious."

Isn't this Thunder Force 4 anyway? Not only is it a terrible name for the spelling, but they changed the title of the game so fans of the series wouldn't even know it was the sequel to the previous games. Absolutely terrible...

Good point. I guess that not only makes it bad but also double-bad. And believe you me, that's bad!

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Oh, there's also Tank! Tank! Tank!

You just reminded me of one...

Tanks But No Tanks (Atari 2600)

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » January 21st, 2017, 12:47 am

I just saw a game on the PlayStation Store called "MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies." If that isn't the worst game title ever, it's a serious contender for the most bizarre one.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 21st, 2017, 12:56 am

I love that Thunder Force IV/Lightening Force manages to use better English in its Japanese title than in its American one.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 21st, 2017, 8:54 am

These are hilarious!! It's going to be tough to narrow this list down.

Here are a few more:
I Want My Mommy
Ram It
Pooyan
Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes
James Pond

Breaker

Postby Breaker » January 21st, 2017, 6:20 pm

I can't possible imagine a worse game title than "Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes" - I think this competition is over...

scotland

Postby scotland » January 21st, 2017, 8:29 pm

Breaker wrote:I can't possible imagine a worse game title than "Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes" - I think this competition is over...

It makes more sense if you recall the movie Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, and its very catchy theme song. In the early 1980s, this song was a definite part of the general nerd portfolio to pull out at various dining opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3uIKzgcDxo

Return to “Video Games General”