Games that justify the hardware purchase

General and high profile video game topics.
SegaRiddle1990

Re: Games that justify the hardware purchase

Postby SegaRiddle1990 » March 9th, 2017, 11:34 am

It's not saying much considering how most of the games for this system are kinda crappy, but I would consider Tempest 2000 worth getting an Atari Jaguar for. It's not the greatest end-all-be-all game ever made or anything, but it more than justifies getting the system in my opinion, it was that good. It was the game that literally defined the system, though the only reason I don't have that system is because I can't afford it :geek:

But for systems I DO own, I would have to say the 3D Fighting Games from Sega (Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Last Bronx, etc) and Nights into Dreams for Sega Saturn. They're surprisingly cheap compared to the rest of the system's games (which are overall INFURIATINGLY expensive lately ), very fun, and show off the system's 3D abilities very well. so Nights, and Fighting Vipers justify the purchase of a Saturn for anyone new to the system and looking for starting games.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » March 12th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Even though I played tons of sports games and I knew the PS1 was better at those, I bought an N64 specifically to get Goldeneye. Worth every penny.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » March 12th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Good topic.

I bought a Vita just for Assassin's Creed: Liberation. How often do you get a sandbox game where the society they live in, is actually worse than the anti-hero you're playing as? It felt like a rush, to unleash Hell, in a way that GTA couldn't ever offer.

But once I saw that intense OLED screen in action, I was soon addicted to buying as many games as possible for the system. It turns out that it's library has more in common with the Dreamcast, than the 32x, 7800, and Virtual Boy.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » March 13th, 2017, 12:02 am

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:Good topic.

I bought a Vita just for Assassin's Creed: Liberation. How often do you get a sandbox game where the society they live in, is actually worse than the anti-hero you're playing as? It felt like a rush, to unleash Hell, in a way that GTA couldn't ever offer.

But once I saw that intense OLED screen in action, I was soon addicted to buying as many games as possible for the system. It turns out that it's library has more in common with the Dreamcast, than the 32x, 7800, and Virtual Boy.

It's not exclusive to Vita, but Spelunky is a damn good time, especially on a portable system. Highly recommended to those who like their platformers procedurally generated, full of hidden depth, and hard as hell.

Rev

Postby Rev » March 13th, 2017, 7:43 pm

It cost me a ton of money but Snatcher justified my Sega CD purchase. I've played the game three times and is one of my favorite games of all time. Sure cost a lot of money though... lol.

Return to “Video Games General”