Nintendo SNES Mini Classic

General and high profile video game topics.
scotland

Nintendo SNES Mini Classic

Postby scotland » April 19th, 2017, 11:21 am

Hot on the heels of the cancellation of the NES Mini Classic comes the rumor of a SNES Mini Classic. Its just a rumor , from "Sources close to Nintendo" at this point.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

On the Gizmondo repost, the first comment I read was "I can't wait to not get one".

CharlieR

Re: Nintendo SNES Mini Classic

Postby CharlieR » April 19th, 2017, 11:51 am

I just saw this online. Most of us knew it was going to happen eventually, so it's interesting that it might be true. I wonder if it will be the same story as the NES classic.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 19th, 2017, 12:06 pm

As disappointed as I am with Nintendo for what they did with the NES mini, if this proves to be true I'm totally buying one. The SNES was my first game console and there are so many games I'd love to go back and play. I mean, I could just buy them on the Virtual Console, but this seems more... I dunno, special. Here's hoping it has all three Donkey Kong Country games, Link to the Past, and Chrono Trigger. What games do you want on it?

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » April 19th, 2017, 12:42 pm

I'm hoping and praying this is true. And if it is, they ought to put the good stuff on there. PilotWings, Super Mario All-Stars+Super Mario World, and Contra 3 would be a good start.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » April 19th, 2017, 2:16 pm

I don't think you'll see the combination cart with Super Mario All-Stars + World.

Next to the Atari 2600, this one was my favorite platform. Would love to see a quality plug and play rendition. I just hope that if it happens, Wii Classic Controller compatibility will be maintained. Would love to see Nintendo of America correct a nearly decade old wrong when they skipped on bringing the SuperNes styled Wii Classic Controller to North America, with it never leaving Japan and Europe.

Just give it a reasonably long controller cord this time...

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » April 19th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Meh. I have every SNES game emulated already. Not going to waste the gas searching the empty nintendo display shelves that every retailer has for any of this stuff anymore.

Voor

Postby Voor » April 21st, 2017, 2:40 pm

I'll pick one up if it has super metroid. Yoshis island would be a huge plus for me as well.

Rev

Postby Rev » April 21st, 2017, 6:39 pm

I'm curious to know what the final games will be included with the console... This would very likely be cheaper than buying most of the original carts... the SNES is expensive...

scotland

Postby scotland » April 21st, 2017, 7:24 pm

Rev wrote:I'm curious to know what the final games will be included with the console... This would very likely be cheaper than buying most of the original carts... the SNES is expensive...

Don't put the cart before the console, Rev my friend. As far as I know, its just a rumor still.

Rev

Postby Rev » April 21st, 2017, 8:50 pm

I think I saw confirmation yesterday or today that this was coming out later this year but now I can't find the stories...

Return to “Video Games General”