Some Interesting Quotes...

General and high profile video game topics.
Crevalle

Postby Crevalle » December 10th, 2006, 7:09 pm

"We do not care"

-Sony Computer President Ken Kutaragi responds rather succinctly when asked whether Xbox 360 and Wii might outsell the PS3 this Christmas season.

"Sony says the next generation starts when they say so. I say that's bulls***. Gears of War is the first second-generation game for Xbox 360 and it looks very fine. You will never see launch titles that look this good."

- Epic Games Vice President Mark Rein

"I'm haunted by the fact that Zelda (NES) was able to emulate the sense of discovery that I had in the woods of New England as a boy."

- Cliff Bleszinski, lead designer for Gears of War

Source: EGM

"I find Sony's inexorable arrogance increasingly hilarious."

- Me

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » December 10th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Though I agree with the quotes, I find Epic to be a pretty arrogant company myself. They might back it up with a decent track record (though most of their titles have little substance, they just look great and have solid multiplayer), but I can't stand how their people are quoted constantly as if they are the be all and end all of industry opinion.

-Rob

a1

Postby a1 » December 11th, 2006, 4:49 am

[QUOTE=Crevalle]"We do not care"

-Sony Computer President Ken Kutaragi responds rather succinctly when asked whether Xbox 360 and Wii might outsell the PS3 this Christmas season.

[/QUOTE]

Of course the Wii and 360 will outsell it; there are more of them available. Clearly they don't care or else they would have released more.

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » June 16th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Here's a quotes from ENTER magazine #1, cover dated October 1983  (a publication of the Childrens Television Workshop).

The magazine is a fun read, with blurbs about Coca Cola using talking vending machines, and Ford and GM using satellites to give you a moving map in your car.
Talking about new arcade machines out in the feature "Arcade Arrivals" by Steve Bloom (author of Video Invaders), after praising Dragon's Lair and Sinistar, he goes on to this game:

[mario-bros-classic] 

"Another new game with a familiar face is Nintendo's Mario Bros., featuring Mario from Donkey Kong, Mario's twin brother Luigi, and a whole new cast of pests. The game is similar to Joust in two respects: the screen is filled with ledges that you hop to and from, and there's an option that allows two players to compete at once. Its hard to imagine any more spinoffs from these characters."  

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 16th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Yeah - that Mario is a real flash in the pan!

lol

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » June 26th, 2014, 6:57 pm

[QUOTE=scotland17]"Another new game with a familiar face is Nintendo's Mario Bros., featuring Mario from Donkey Kong, Mario's twin brother Luigi, and a whole new cast of pests. The game is similar to Joust in two respects: the screen is filled with ledges that you hop to and from, and there's an option that allows two players to compete at once. Its hard to imagine any more spinoffs from these characters."[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome!

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » July 7th, 2014, 8:17 pm

rsz_1videogameevolution.jpg 

Here is a cartoon by Howard Cruse in 1982 depicting the evolution of video games from Space Wars on a mainframe to some early (and strangely silent) pong era machine to Golden Age of Arcades with sound and voice to the near(?) future with the Dick Tracy watch.  Each panel was like 10 years of time, so by extension, it was thought by the time of the Game Boy we'd have these. Like flying cars, we always think this Dick Tracy watch tech is right around the corner. Now we are finally there, 40 years later, and I'm not sure who cares about gaming on a 2" screen by pressing a button or two anymore. Funny in that the guy doesn't age (cloning? the everygeek? alien zoo human specimen exhibit? what Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod does to pass the time?) and is playing basically the same pixel space invader defender type game too.

Return to “Video Games General”