Games That Need Sequels Or Revivals?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

Re: Games That Need Sequels Or Revivals?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 15th, 2018, 7:05 pm

bestazy

Postby bestazy » January 24th, 2018, 11:17 am

Left 4 Dead
It's time for L4D3. L4D and L4D2 were excellent games that gave a whole new take on competitive and cooperative gameplay and with consoles adding more and more social features, I feel like these games would shine. Also, get that bad taste of Evolve out of our mouths.
Secret of Mana
SD3 was a good sequel, and Legend of Mana was decent, but we haven't seen a top tier mana game since SNES. I want a direct sequel or remake of Secret of Mana showing the same world (which was massive) just with more details, and go further into the lore (much of which had to be cut from the original title in the first place).

nesfan

Postby nesfan » January 27th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Oh, I've thought long and hard about this. In my opinion when it comes to companies that have been sitting on dormant IPs for far too long, there are 3 huge offenders; Nintendo, SEGA, and Capcom. There are probably worse offenders out there but they stick out the most to me.

Nintendo - Startropics 3, new F-Zero, new Wave Race, Mother 4 or an Earthbound compilation or both, a fully 3D Ice Climber platformer, Sin and Punishment 3, a new Golden Sun, a 3D action/adventure or hack n' slash starring Takamaru (maybe outsourced to Platinum?), Clu Clu Land (I have no idea how they can turn Clu Clu Land into a modern game but damn it! I wanna see what they come up with!), and a new Punch Out!! would be nice. Also I would love to see them revive Urban Champion and turn it into their own fighting franchise. They have Smash and Arms but Urban Champion could be Nintendo's own traditional fighting franchise. They have the two generic guys from the original. They could be the "Ryu and Ken" of this game. Give them names, if they don't already have canon names. I really don't know if they do or not. Make a whole roster of characters. Maybe outsource the development to Arc System Works. That could be really cool.

SEGA - Skies of Arcadia 2, Phantasy Star V, Shining Force IV and a compilation/remake of the entire Shining Force III, Sonic Adventure 3, Burning Rangers 2, a new Nights game, a new Jet Grind/Set Radio, a new Crazy Taxi, Streets of Rage 4, Astal 2, Panzer Dragoon 4, Panzer Dragoon Saga 2, Outrun 3, Virtua Fighter 6, a new Ristar, a new Golden Axe, and a new Sonic Shuffle... Preferably one that doesn't suck.

Capcom (Are they even aware they own anything other than Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil?) - Breath of Fire VI (A real one. Not that social phone game that we do not speak of), Dino Crisis 4, Power Stone 3, Mega Man Legends 3, Mega Man X9, Mega Man Battle Network 7, Darkstalkers 4, a new Rival Schools, a new Tech Romancer, a new Giga Wing or Mars Matrix, a new Cannon Spike, a new Ghosts n' Goblins or Maximo, and maybe they can turn Son-Son into a 3D platformer.

Return to “Video Games General”